FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just received my FNS 9C a week ago (I haven't taken it to the range yet don't kill me). I ordered a Comp-Tac MTAC IWB holster for CC but I'm also looking for a OWB holster that's doesn't have a several week lead time. Any suggestions? Thanks!

·
Registered
23 Posts
For OWB carry and training class work, I like the Guard Dog kydex holster made by Blackdog concealment. It's a very comfortable slim quality holster, which hugs my side quite well. Carl does great work at a very affordable price. Lead time has usually been a week for me.

The said is excellent under a tee shirt/camp shirt combo.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I use the iwb with the full size 40. It's a great holster. I have no problems concealing and I have no comfort problems carrying the full size. The compact should be even better. Be sure to update once you try them out.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Chief Jason holsters are custom made to order. He has the blue gun for the 9C. I have 2 IWB holsters from him for my 9C. One hybrid kydex single clip and a leather single clip.
My uses one his leather OWB for her Walther CCP.
Takes maybe a week to a week and a half.
Jason is in NC. One man shop. Great craftsmanship.
Pictured are my FNS9C leather IWB and my wife's leather OWB for her VP9.
AnaHKVP9_CJ_Holsterx.jpg FNS9C_IWB.jpg

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
I have been carrying mine with a ComTac flatline. Works great for both IWB and OWB. They dont have a specific one for FNS yet but the M&P 9/40 Compact version works great with mine. Flatline Holster | Comp-Tac Victory Gear
Hello and welcome to the forums!

Ive used various holsters, but never the Flatlines.
The kydex material is advertised as being impervious to stretching, sweat, and solvents, but how well does it actually work after wearing it concealed for days on end including when you do something strenuous and sweat on it directly?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forums!

Ive used various holsters, but never the Flatlines.
The kydex material is advertised as being impervious to stretching, sweat, and solvents, but how well does it actually work after wearing it concealed for days on end including when you do something strenuous and sweat on it directly?
I have 2 flatlines, one for my XDs and one for the FNS9c. Both work great. I wear it to mow the yard etc. Just wipe it down when done with an anti-bacterial wipe and let it dry. No issues so far. My only "complaint" is that it takes about 5 minutes to switch from IWB to OWB. Other than that they are great holsters. Well worth the $75. Not to mention if you order from Comptac they send you smarties :)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts