FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi FrieNds,

I've been building up my FNS-9 Tactical for a while. I have a threaded barrel and muzzle brake, but when I first shot it with the comp, the gun would not cycle. I kind of expected this because I've read about fine-tuning Glocks with new springs for competition etc. I'm pretty sure I need a lighter recoil spring for my FNS-9 to get this muzzle brake to cycle properly.

Does anyone know where to get FNS-9 recoil springs? Any advice on muzzle brakes, recoil springs, or modifying/clipping springs to reduce wight? I'd really like to get this brake running.

·
Registered
198 Posts
FN makes a lighter recoil spring for the FNX9: https://www.midwestgunworks.com/page/mgwi/prod/F510475452 . I believe they originally used the FNS/FNX 9/40 spring in the FNX9, and had some reports of issues that were found to be related the spring being too heavy in the FNX9. Some reports of cycling issues

I have both FNS and FNX 9's and 40's. The FNX 9 (only) spring has a few less coil windings than the FNS/FNX 9/40 spring. Dimensions are the same overall, but the fewer coil windings equate to less resistance. It's an OEM option that may fit the need.

Hi FrieNds,

I've been building up my FNS-9 Tactical for a while. I have a threaded barrel and muzzle brake, but when I first shot it with the comp, the gun would not cycle. I kind of expected this because I've read about fine-tuning Glocks with new springs for competition etc. I'm pretty sure I need a lighter recoil spring for my FNS-9 to get this muzzle brake to cycle properly.

Does anyone know where to get FNS-9 recoil springs? Any advice on muzzle brakes, recoil springs, or modifying/clipping springs to reduce wight? I'd really like to get this brake running.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts