FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If this has been covered before, I apologize. I'm looking for Standard Cut Straight & Standard Cut Curved Backstraps for an FNS-9. MGW doesn't have them, FNH USA eStore doesn't have them either. Went searching the interwebs and found zero, zilch, nada. Are they not offered for FNS pistols?

Here's a photo of what I'm searching for, they're marked in red. Thanks... :mrgreen:

View attachment 24166

·
Registered
6,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
FNH USA Parts Department informs me, I am S.O.L.! They have no part number for FNS Standard Cut Backstraps only Aggressive Cut. Oh (s)well...

·
Registered
519 Posts
Yep.
I just looked.
I guess I was thinking about the flat one that came with the FNX-40 that I used to have.
The flat one that my wife uses on her FNS-9 has the sharp stippling.
It was a bit harsh for her hands, so I lightly sanded the aggressiveness down.

·
Registered
6,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
There is a length difference between FNS and FNX backstraps as Blackhorse indicated and they are not compatible. The FNX-40 I purchased in 2013 came with four (4) backstraps and the FNS's only come with two (2) both being Aggressive Cut. I installed the rubberized Talon grip on my FNX-40 with the Aggressive Cut Flat backstrap and I'm not entirely thrilled with the way the seam lays down. I ordered another Talon grip and will try it again with the Standard Cut backstrap. I have nothing but good things to say about the Talon grip other than the way the seam came together and that could be my doing. I recently sold my new 45t -simply too big- and will purchase a FNS-9 and wanted to have the Talon grip for it as well just prefer to install it on a Standard Cut Flat backstrap. Since such an animal does not exist I will have to make do or modify the Aggressive backstraps. Thanks guys....

Reactions: LESTER
1 - 11 of 11 Posts