FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today was at the range and on my last magazine for the day, got through 12 rounds and on the 13th kaboom!!! blew the extractor out and safety was part way out. went and got gunsmith at range he says it was ammo. I'm using reloads. The casing was split and stuck in barrel also the endcap was separated. Scared the hell out of me.

My question is who do i contact first to get my FNX .40 fixed?? The ammo place where i bought the reloads or just contact FNH?? the gun looks fine no bulges on barrel or in mag well i just need a thorough inspection on the pistol before i shoot it again. Also i think i'm done with reloads.

Any input will be greatly appreciated.

·
Premium Member
9,495 Posts
I would contact whoever you bought the reloads from first to see if they pay for repair costs. Like others have said, FN will fix it, but the reloaded ammo voids the warranty.

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Today was at the range and on my last magazine for the day, got through 12 rounds and on the 13th kaboom!!! blew the extractor out and safety was part way out. went and got gunsmith at range he says it was ammo. I'm using reloads.
WHOSE reloads?? If not your own... there's your problem. Glad you're not hurt.

Also i think i'm done with reloads.
Good! Your brain appears to be un-damaged. :)

·
Registered
21,554 Posts
I heard shooting someone else's reloads was like sleeping with another dudes wife. Eventually it's gonna explode on you.
I will never buy reloads off 'some guy' or even 'factory' reloaded ammo. I have one friend who I trust and I'll use his reloads, but pretty much only use my own.

Call LAX ammo and see what they'll do for you, then call FN and send it in to them. They'll either fix your gun for a price or sell you another FNX, possibly at a discounted price.

Reactions: KameronTKelly
1 - 9 of 9 Posts