FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had this issue last night. The round hung up on the feed ramp. I was using 170 FMJ fiocci in 40. It happened on 3 different occasions. I have never had another issue before last night. I ejected the hung round and continued to fire. The gun was cleaned recently. Lubed properly. Any ideas.

·
Registered
480 Posts
I have had some issues with the Fiocchi FMJTC (Full Metal Jacket Truncated Cone) bullets not feeding into the chamber with 100% reliability so I returned them. Some bullet designs and pistol designs are not compatible (100% reliable) due to design tradeoffs for pistols and/or bullets so testing is needed and normal. More information is needed and pictures would help. A good example is a Glock 40 S&W as the chamber is larger and is not fully supported but it will feed more reliably (different bullet designs and field use). Note: The bullets may be defective (COAL is too long) but this is not likely.

·
Premium Member
21,737 Posts
I had this issue last night. The round hung up on the feed ramp. I was using 170 FMJ fiocci in 40. It happened on 3 different occasions. I have never had another issue before last night. I ejected the hung round and continued to fire. The gun was cleaned recently. Lubed properly. Any ideas.
Moved from the thread that had been dead for 2 1/2 years. :?

Reactions: Texas Redfish
1 - 3 of 3 Posts