FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
got an FNX 40 awhile back and finally got some rounds through it. shot through 300 rounds. 200 remington, 50 PMC, 50 Armscor. Not one issue with anything. very accurate when i shot it right lol (have habbit of a jerk to the trigger when i start hitting successively aka getting cocky lol). Only negative i had was the safety lever rubbing my thumb, BUT i noticed before I got range time and went ahead and sanded it down to be flush with the grip. besides that it is awesome and i love it for my first official handgun (rest are my dads). now all i want to do is buy up a ton of ammo and keep shooting only problem is i just picked up an AR-15 so gotta get some time with her now. Tell me how your FNX 9, 40, 45s are. Oh for lube i use my usual 5w-30 and dang it never fails me.

·
Registered
21,554 Posts
FNX 45 Tac, only a few hundred rounds, but perfect and soft shooting. Had an FNP 45 USG with 2700 rounds through it (almost perfect), pretty much the same as my FNX. I also have an FNP 9 USG with over 8300 rounds through it, again perfect, aside from a couple crap rounds that were nearly squibs (they projo's did leave the barrel, very different sound from a normal round though). I love that gun. Very very nice trigger now (was always good, but has improved)

·
Registered
17 Posts
LOVE my FNX-45, but sold my FNX-40 today.
Shot great, just not impressed with it after carrying it for a few months. Lacks wide array of holster and after market parts.
BIGGEST ISSUE...I need a factory 357 SIG barrel.

I found I needed to wear a glove if I was to fire more than a few rounds.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
LOVE my FNX-45, but sold my FNX-40 today.
Shot great, just not impressed with it after carrying it for a few months. Lacks wide array of holster and after market parts.
BIGGEST ISSUE...I need a factory 357 SIG barrel.

I found I needed to wear a glove if I was to fire more than a few rounds.
was the glove because of the safety lever? yeah i don't have my concealed quite yet but im gonna want more of a compact hand gun to carry daily anyways so i never planned on this being it lol. what advantage do you feel over the 40 with the 45?

·
Registered
7 Posts
i carry my 40 every day and i love it. took my test with it also and the instructor just walked off when my brother and i started shooting. as far as holsters, i have a crossbreed IWB, universal IWB, universal shoulder holster and im waiting on a bravo rrt OWB holster. never have a problem with carrying it. I have about 1500 rounds threw mine and never had a problem so have fun with yours.

·
Registered
15 Posts
FNX-9 has earned a permanent place in my line-up. Love everything about it. Sometimes I wish it was the .40, but then I go buy ammo and remember why I went with the nine.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
FNX-9 has earned a permanent place in my line-up. Love everything about it. Sometimes I wish it was the .40, but then I go buy ammo and remember why I went with the nine.
lol i always see the 9mm and .40 "ammo price" argument but every time i buy its about the same $15-$25 for 50 rounds where i see the gap is from .40 to 45.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I got a ported 357 conversion barrel for my FNX-40 from Elk Fire. Dropped right in, functions perfectly.

David

·
Registered
6,678 Posts
My FNX-40 is my EDC and my first FN, it's a fantastic pistol! Very accurate with over 1500rds, it has yet to suffer a malfunction of any kind.

·
Registered
508 Posts
lol i always see the 9mm and .40 "ammo price" argument but every time i buy its about the same $15-$25 for 50 rounds where i see the gap is from .40 to 45.
You can easily buy .45 ammo for $25 or less a box, so it's not even really that big of a gap there.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
??!? You sanded off the safety lever?
not completely lol. you know how the back part where you grip the safety protrudes out so far. i sanded it flush with the grip so i doesn't rub my knuckle.

I was referencing where gnarly said 9mm or 40 are both $15-25 per box of 50, which is .40 to .50 cents per round.
Ammo .40 S&W Armscor USA Full Metal Jacket 180 Grain 50 Round Box 985 fps Practice And Target Ammunition 50081

Ammo 9mm Armscor USA FMJ 124 Grain 50 Round Box 1090 fps Practice And Target Ammunition 50041

same price and gander mt near me is about the same as well as my local range. if you get PMC and Armscor the pricing is great and i've never had issues. I also buy those brands in .223 for about the same 50 cents a round usually around $10 for 20 rounds. and bulk can really get you into that range (hard to find sometimes lol) If shipping price bugs you get friends to all order with you so shipping can be split or like i was sayin check around your local shops sometimes their pricing is great.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have roughly 3k rounds through my FNX40 without one single issue, factory and my own reloads bunny farts to barn burners. Although I don't use it as my main carry gun(S&W MP9C) I have no problem carrying it, sometimes I just prefer the smaller MP9C.
For holsters I have a Crossbreed I first tried but it doesn't lend will when carrying in the 2 to 3 o'clock position that I prefer to carry in.
I have one of these
Cover Six Gear | View and purchase Cover 6 Gear
And one of from, which I use the most.
Kydex Holsters by LIION DEFENSE | Concealment & Tactical

The FNX is by far the most accurate semi auto I own, numerous MP's and a CZ P09. Am waiting to find a FNS Longslide locally and hoping they make a compact version of the FNX.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts