FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has a forum member put a FNX-45 barrel in a FNX-45 Tactical and fired it? I am interested in finding out if they are interchangeable. Additionally, has a forum member put a FNX-45 Tactical barrel in a FNX-45 and fired it? If you have not fired the pistols in the above configurations but have checked fitment please share your experience.

·
Premium Member
9,665 Posts
I have exchanged slides and barrels. Due to some ongoing health issues, I haven't got to live fire. I have racked whole mags of snap caps without issue. I know this is not a definitive answer, but I see no issue.

Slides exchanged:

Non-tac barrel in Tactical:

Reactions: LESTER

·
Premium Member
15,186 Posts
i have exchanged slides and barrels. Due to some ongoing health issues, i haven't got to live fire. I have racked whole mags of snap caps without issue. I know this is not a definitive answer, but i see no issue.

Slides exchanged:

non-tac barrel in tactical:

sorry to hear you are having health issues and wish you a speedy recovery.

·
Registered
22 Posts
It's the same foundation between the two pistols. Match trigger, sights and threaded barrel are the only changes. Maybe the recoil spring is a different compression rate?

·
Premium Member
25,418 Posts
Okay, come clean.... where did you get the two-tone FNX-45 Tac? All that's offered is the FDE or black, and I have yet to hear of two-tone being offered.

-SS

I have exchanged slides and barrels. Due to some ongoing health issues, I haven't got to live fire. I have racked whole mags of snap caps without issue. I know this is not a definitive answer, but I see no issue.

Slides exchanged:

Non-tac barrel in Tactical:

·
Premium Member
9,665 Posts
Okay, come clean.... where did you get the two-tone FNX-45 Tac? All that's offered is the FDE or black, and I have yet to hear of two-tone being offered.

-SS
Not a rarity, I just swapped slides on the Tac and non-tac.

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
Milspec. I would be willing to trade you my fnx-45 barrel for your tac barrel. It is brand new unfired. PM me if your interested

·
Registered
9 Posts
I was gonna recommend finding someone with a non-tac to trade with you, but looks like someone has already offered! That seems to be the best bet.

·
Registered
9 Posts
And mntsnow, I'm not trying to compete with your offer (I don't have a barrel to swap anyway). Just offering the idea as I've seen folks without the tac looking for the threaded barrel, so it just made sense to me.

Just wanted to be clear on that.

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
No problem SCSportsman :)

·
Registered
3,215 Posts
Milspec. I would be willing to trade you my fnx-45 barrel for your tac barrel. It is brand new unfired. PM me if your interested
I appreciate the offer but I was looking to buy it as an addition. I figured I would ship my threaded barrel to an out of state relative and use the standard FNX 45 barrel. This would make my pistol compliant and I wouldn't have to register it. Then when I move out of here to "free America" (hopefully sooner, rather than later) I could get the barrel back and reunite it with the FNX Tac.

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
Not a problem. I fully understand the thought process. I hadn't really seriously thought about getting "cans" until after I got my fnx and now either need to find a barrel or pick up yet another complete firearm...lol

1 - 16 of 16 Posts