FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. New to the forum, however not knew to my duty firearm. Fiancé bought me my prized handgun and I added the optics, however I’m straying away from the fact that it likes to eat my ammo. (Literally)

this is the ONLY box of self defense ammo I have kept in this firearm and it dents the shiet out of them. I believe it’s the spring in the magazines being so brand new that it’s pushing the rounds up against the upper lip of said magazines. However she bought it for me last year in September.
The bullets are Federal’s HST with the steel penetrators. Could switching to brass help?

· Registered
211 Posts
Wow, that's wierd. Those dents don't look like they're from the mag lips. They'd be length-wise on the cases, rather than sideways. Got three FN pistols myself and have never seen that. I do have trouble sometimes with 185 grain hollowpoints not feed ing into the chamber. Could these dents be from the lower rim of the chamber, as the bullet nose jams into the upper wall?

· Administrator
12,336 Posts
Try a different ammo before anything else. The hollow points are catching on something and preventing a normal feed into the chamber.

I have had several auto loaders that just did not work with certain hollow points because the hollow point would catch on something while feeding.

· Registered
47 Posts
is it denting where the magazine retains the round ? Are these denting when you load the magazine or is it jamming and bending these cases? I would take a sharpie and use that to index the rounds. Mark each case horizontally with the sharpie and then load the magazine with the markings facing upwards. Maybe this would help point you towards the culprit. I agree that you should contact FN but you may retire prior them responding to you.

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
is it denting where the magazine retains the round ? Are these denting when you load the magazine or is it jamming and bending these cases? I would take a sharpie and use that to index the rounds. Mark each case horizontally with the sharpie and then load the magazine with the markings facing upwards. Maybe this would help point you towards the culprit. I agree that you should contact FN but you may retire prior them responding to you.
Retire? Meaning what :( and that’s actually a good idea with the sharpie.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.