FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So what do you think the chances are that FN would make a FNX 45 Longslide? I would love a nice longslide in 45, I could even take a 9mm but a 45 would be even better. What say yall? Do yall think there is a market for one?

Reactions: Epeeist

·
Registered
21,553 Posts
How long of a slide are you thinking? Like going the full 5.3" of the tac barrel (except leave it a plain barrel)? I doubt FN will make one. The FNP Competition was the standard 4.5" barrel.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would like something like a 6ish" barrel, a nice smooth shooter.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I would like to see a long slide .45 as well, just from an aesthetics point of view. I like the tactical, but the threaded barrel jutting out is not a look I favor. I think the main reason we have seen a growth in long slide pistols coming to market is the rise of action shooting sports like IDPA and the benefits it offers in sight radius.

I have not seen many people shooting a .45 in the duty/stock classes unless it is single stack and in open it is usually full tilt race guns. I am far from expert on the various restrictions and different categories of action pistol competitions out there but I think an FNX 45 long slide may struggle to find a market.

It is an interesting idea, and something I would purchase, but I am an unrepentant FN fanboy. I will have to ask the reps at the SHOT show if there is a chance of anything along those lines forthcoming.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I have a FNX 45 Tactical and have wondered about a compensator for the threaded barrel however, I have not found anything. If done well it would look like an extension of the slide but clear of the rail, with a little weight and compensation to make it an even sweeter shooter.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I have a FNX 45 Tactical and have wondered about a compensator for the threaded barrel however, I have not found anything. If done well it would look like an extension of the slide but clear of the rail, with a little weight and compensation to make it an even sweeter shooter.
Isnt the new EFK ported barrel longer? Not sure if it is the tac length, and certainly it is not 6", but an option for some.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts