FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The friend I convinced to join the FN family by purchasing an FNX-45 then FNAR -still on him to join the Forum he may have a DIY remedy for the rail issue with the FNAR, his HAD it too- is having issues with the mags and slide release. They are as follows, shortly after first shoot with the .45 he found one mag to release the slide when reloading, I checked the mag out and compared it to the remaining 2 but didn't see anything unusual. In subsequent shootings it would do the same thing but not always, he identified the demon-seed mag and continued shooting using the other two without issue. Today while zeroing the scope on his FNAR we spent some time shooting our FNX's and another demon-seed magazine reared its ugly head and is now doing the same thing. Any known issue or reason this might be occurring and or any way to check? Thanks...

·
Registered
454 Posts
I've gone through my 5 mags about 3 times each, and 2 of those about 6-7 times, and have had zero issues. I don't know if that's enough to start to see an issue or not, and through all of that shooting the gun's been problem free. Sorry I wasn't more help, hope yall get it sorted out.

Reactions: SeaMac

·
Registered
6,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have told him to make sure the mags are seated firmly, it is odd that it's only happening to 2 out of 3 mags.

Does it on mine too. I haven't id the mag yet. only happens to me when I slam 'em in. I'm not concerned.

·
Registered
6,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
As far as I'm aware he's had zero issues other than the 2 mags releasing the slide.

I've gone through my 5 mags about 3 times each, and 2 of those about 6-7 times, and have had zero issues. I don't know if that's enough to start to see an issue or not, and through all of that shooting the gun's been problem free. Sorry I wasn't more help, hope yall get it sorted out.

·
Registered
454 Posts
http://fnforum.net/forums/fn-fnp/18132-fnp-45-premature-slide-release.html

searched the interwebs and found this, it's regarding the fnp, which is the fnx predecessor.

seems AR15.com has some posts regarding the fnx45T and fnp-45s. Apparently this happens in a few pistols, not just FNH guns: 1911's, glocks, S&W 40's... It's random if it does, it's not supposed to apparently, but it is something that does occur.

Reactions: SeaMac

·
Registered
6,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That's a good thread thanks, I am aware that the "release" is technically a slide hold/stop, I have no problems releasing my FNX-40's and I have told him it really isn't a bad thing but he's concerned something might be wrong and I'd like to assure him something isn't or there's a reason and or fix.

http://fnforum.net/forums/fn-fnp/18132-fnp-45-premature-slide-release.html

searched the interwebs and found this, it's regarding the fnp, which is the fnx predecessor.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I just picked up my fnx45t recently and it does have issues with the mags sticking or not dropping freely. It's a nice pistol but I wish they would fix this problem as many people are having some the same issues. It doesn't happen all the time but still enough to be damm annoying. Almost wished I got another hk45 but I do like having the rmr!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts