FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to the gun store today with every intention of coming home with an FNX .45. I went in the store grabbed the first one i saw and started playing with it. Overall i really liked the gun. However the gun had issues releasing the magazine. After some testing we thought it was the magazine release, only to realize that in fact it was our grip on the the gun that was stopping the mag from dropping free. Tests on another .45 had other issues with the magazine the gun came with.

After that we tested the fnx 9 and fns 9 and .40 and had no issues at all.

Over all watching one of the mags be bad, as well as the magazine no dropping free because the plastic seems to be not stiff enough on the grip is really disappointing in a 700$ gun.

Did i find a batch of lemons? Is this common? We had 2 store people try and it out, as well as a few customers and everyone had the same issue.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Yes it seems to be a fairly common problem. Mine has sent in to FN 3 weeks ago for repair. Once they fix that problem it will be my favorite gun to shoot.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I took a couple of round files to the plastic, or whatever the frame is made out of. Be careful it come off fast. 5 minutes later the release is nice and free. Put it back together and its great.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts