FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Couldn't find FN originals so I bought some Magpul 15 rnd magazines for my FNX 45 Tactical. The magazines won't lock the slide back after the last round and they won't drop out when you hit the magazine release. You have to manually pull them out.

Has anybody else bought these magazines and experience the same problems? I contacted where I bought them from and they gave me the lame excuse that not all aftermarket magazines lock the slide back and they offered a refund if they were still in the original packaging and if they hadn't been used. If they hadn't been used how would I know they wouldn't lock the slide back?

· Registered
1,544 Posts
Couldn't find FN originals so I bought some Magpul 15 rnd magazines for my FNX 45 Tactical. The magazines won't lock the slide back after the last round and they won't drop out when you hit the magazine release. You have to manually pull them out.

Has anybody else bought these magazines and experience the same problems? I contacted where I bought them from and they gave me the lame excuse that not all aftermarket magazines lock the slide back and they offered a refund if they were still in the original packaging and if they hadn't been used. If they hadn't been used how would I know they wouldn't lock the slide back?
Magpul doesn't make magazines for the FNX-45

· Super Moderator
24,941 Posts
Welcome to the Forum! Pictures of the magazine would help out immensely?

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Your absolutely correct, my mistake they're ProMags. I've noticed the followers are designed differently as well as the shape of the top of the magazine. The one on the right is the factory mag, on the left is the ProMag.

Hood Automotive lighting Bumper Automotive tire Rectangle

· Registered
218 Posts
Never bought Promags for my FNX. The only thing consistent to Promag is the abundance of reported failures work correctly. I've seen it time and time again in classes I've participated in.

To be fair though, even OEM FNX magazines get wonky too. Two FNXs I've bought had the dreaded sticking magazine release which I repaired, and even then they still occasionally stick on release.

· Registered
8 Posts
Never bought Promags for my FNX. Thonly thing consistent to Promag is the abundance of reported failures work correctly. I've seen it time and time again in classes I've participated in.

To be fair though, even OEM FNX magazines get wonky too. Two FNXs I've bought had the dreaded sticking magazine release which I repaired, and even then they still occasionally stick on release.
Romeo,what did the repair consist of.

· Registered
5 Posts
Just for grins, you could buy the FNX 45 follower for $5 and put it in the ProMag. Midwestgunworks has them in stock. No idea if the follower would fit on top of the spring but the design of the ProMag follower looks funky to me where the slide lock hits it...........https://www.midwestgunworks.com/fn-fnx-45/magazine-followers.html

· Registered
1 Posts

I bought new followers online. They work flawlessly. Just Google FNX followers. I’ll try to post a link later. Yes ProMag followers are garbage. Nice to have a cheap mag but you gotta buy a different follower = PITA

· Registered
19 Posts
Never bought Promags for my FNX. The only thing consistent to Promag is the abundance of reported failures work correctly. I've seen it time and time again in classes I've participated in.

Promags are the only ones I've actually thrown in the trash to make sure I never accidentally used them again. That was for my first AR, which I was thinking may be a lemon....but it was the mags. They are never worth it to me.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts