FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seen this question posted several times. How do I remove the safety/decock lever from my FNX 45 ?
Just wanted to update FNX 45 owners with info I received from FN techs. (There had been some mis-information in various forums about the need to "drill out" the lever...).
On the right-hand side decock lever's bottom you will find a tiny set screw.
Take a .028 Allen wrench (same size as Crimson Trace sight set screws...) and back that set screw out till it's about 1/4" protruding from the lever.
The lever is now free from the shaft and you can take a small flat blade screwdriver and pop the lever off the shaft.
The shaft then is free to slide out the left side of the gun with the left lever attached.
Assembly is the reverse of course. You should feel the right side decock lever snap back into place on the shaft.
I only post this because I hate to see guns damaged and parts needlessly ruined with bad information.

-Mike

You can pickup an .028 Allen set here on Amazon...
Wiha Tools Hexdriver Set, Inch - Screwdrivers - Amazon.com

FNX45 028 Setscrew.JPG

·
Registered
3,637 Posts
At one time there were two depression holes that needed to be used to remove lever. Then they switched to blind pin, and now they're on the screw. Thanks for letting us know the size!

·
Registered
156 Posts
This is correct. They are also available through McMaster-Carr:McMaster-Carr

And I think the blind roll-pin was something of an urban legend. Every 45 I have tried with manufactured dates as far back as March 2013 have the Allen screw.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts