FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've been scouring the forum trying to find recommendations on affordable ammunition that works reliably in the FNX 45 tactical...

Many people here and thru YouTube comments spoke negatively about "TulaAmmo" performing at all in their side piece...

Clean is a +
.... any suggestions?

·
Registered
85 Posts
I noticed Sig Performance ammo tends to be on the hotter side. Not quite +P or Super, but definitely stout enough to cycle the FNX.

S&B has also been gtg for factory Ammo.

Or reload it. Cheaper, cleaner, stouter. This is the way!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Heard about people using Wolf and some of the other Russian rounds, either saying they barely eject or are unreasonably dirty (aside from being one time use)....

Figured I'd ask the community first considering the price of ammunition these days o_O

Thanks for the well thought out responses brother, I'll give those a try!

·
Registered
85 Posts
Heard about people using Wolf and some of the other Russian rounds, either saying they barely eject or are unreasonably dirty (aside from being one time use)....

Figured I'd ask the community first considering the price of ammunition these days o_O

Thanks for the well thought out responses brother, I'll give those a try!
No problem buddy. If you ever decide to reload someday, Winchester 231 is probably the cleanest powder I’ve used. Give it a shot!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Be care when you reload. This happened at a local range that I used but wasn't there when this happened. The guy does his own reloads and loaded them a little to hot. They think that the round in the chamber blew up and the top round in the magazine exploded and surprisingly he wasn't hurt to bad.

·
Registered
935 Posts
No thang blowing up a steel 1911. That's what wood grips are for. You should drop the mag when testing new loads for that reason.

But FNX is a plastic gun. Loads ideally will be run in a metal frame gun first. Most kabooms are from people who (don't have the patience and aren't running a powder check) or (don't crimp properly and have bullet set back) or (start above max load) or (bulge bust glock brass) or (don't appropriately adjust and tweak volumetric powder measured to be accurate) or (do other stupid stuff). 45 is one of the easiest cartridges to load.

Reactions: Gary1952

·
Administrator
12,165 Posts
Any time a reload blows up a gun it can be traced to a single action - inattention to the process of reloading ammunition.

If a reloader doesn't pay attention to a very detailed oriented process, the reloader is going to have a bad day.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Any time a reload blows up a gun it can be traced to a single action - inattention to the process of reloading ammunition.

If a reloader doesn't pay attention to a very detailed oriented process, the reloader is going to have a bad day.
You got that right, I use to reload yrs ago but with the price of components I don't anymore

1 - 8 of 8 Posts