FN Herstal Firearms banner
61 - 65 of 65 Posts

· Registered
17 Posts
im sorry this took so long but finally got time to go to the range and get clean data on mantis. took awhile to figure out the system and how to cleanly compare. it boiled down to best before and after was a 2 shot string that showed initial recoil from a static position with a quick follow up shot. using a red dot the follow up shot for me tends to be lower recoil as i am bringing the gun back down and pulling the trigger as i see the dot come into focus so the gun is moving down as the second shot goes off which helps with recoil. iin the traces you can see around a 33% drop in muzzled climb and a 50% drop in recovery time for the second shot.

Attachments

· Registered
1 Posts
im sorry this took so long but finally got time to go to the range and get clean data on mantis. took awhile to figure out the system and how to cleanly compare. it boiled down to best before and after was a 2 shot string that showed initial recoil from a static position with a quick follow up shot. using a red dot the follow up shot for me tends to be lower recoil as i am bringing the gun back down and pulling the trigger as i see the dot come into focus so the gun is moving down as the second shot goes off which helps with recoil. iin the traces you can see around a 33% drop in muzzled climb and a 50% drop in recovery time for the second shot.
Can you send me your website link via private message? Really like to buy one from you. Thank you in advance!

· Registered
19 Posts
Cost asside, what would be the down side? I have heard of some potential cycling issues with weak ammo, but other than that I can only see it helping. The less recoil and muzzle flip the better. (and I hear there are issues with the thread protector staying on while firing, so replacing that is an added bonus)
After speaking at length to a fellow open shooter, he surmised that his blood levels came up dramatically when he started and only tested after numerous symptoms his doc couldn’t explain. I tested mine a week later, I sometimes shoot speed steel with a compensated Volquartsen Mamba and yes my level was 8. Nothing like this guys 21, but he shoots a 38super. I quit 3 gun a year ago with no symptoms (JP 15 w/ SJC Comp) to get my cataracts removed so the only compensator I use was that 22lr. The AR or M16 is notorious for gas blowback suppressed. Just food for thought.

61 - 65 of 65 Posts