FN Herstal Firearms banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

· Registered
1,627 Posts
I do it all the time. mine is IWB. if its noticed i dont care, i carry what i like and i like this and a USP
If it's easily noticed, it's not really concealed, now is it? I'm all for open carry, but massive bulge on your hip with a T-shirt over it doesn't exactly fit the OP's question.

· Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
If it's easily noticed, it's not really concealed, now is it? I'm all for open carry, but massive bulge on your hip with a T-shirt over it doesn't exactly fit the OP's question.
Ya until Florida gets its **** together and passes open carry, that won't be an option. I'll have my FNX Monday some shall see if the button up can conceal it, a t shirt sure as he'll isn't. lol

· Registered
22 Posts
I just ordered my tactical and an Aliengear cloak slide owb for ccw and off duty work. I will be running it "naked" I.e. No light or red dot, when not at work. Im not anticipating to many issues. I did like Yankee Marshalls video, and would love to get the RTT owb, but alas the aliengear was all I could afford at the end of my budget.

· Banned
119 Posts
I just ordered my tactical and an Aliengear cloak slide owb for ccw and off duty work. I will be running it "naked" I.e. No light or red dot, when not at work. Im not anticipating to many issues. I did like Yankee Marshalls video, and would love to get the RTT owb, but alas the aliengear was all I could afford at the end of my budget.
If it works that's all that matters. Just depends on how large a print is acceptable, which is basically a personal preference. I have zero issues CCW OWB with my Bravo Concealment RTT kydex.

Reactions: BlakeK

· Registered
81 Posts
How practical is access to it as he has it?

Seems very deliberate action is needed to get at it, but yes it was difficult to notice in the video.

I have a Blackpoint Tactical holster that accommodates my FNX-T with RMR and laser/flashlight. I would not call it concealed, but a jacket or the like does make it concealed.

· Registered
22 Posts
How practical is access to it as he has it?

Seems very deliberate action is needed to get at it, but yes it was difficult to notice in the video.

I have a Blackpoint Tactical holster that accommodates my FNX-T with RMR and laser/flashlight. I would not call it concealed, but a jacket or the like does make it concealed.
“Concealed handgun” means a handgun, the presence of which is notopenly discernible to the ordinary observation of a reasonable person.
TX Govt Code definition of Concealed Handgun.

Technically speaking as long as you have something covering it, it's concealed. It matters not that you have a giant bulge on your hip; just that it is only a bulge, and not a handgun in plain view.

So at least by TX standards you're concealed! :?

· Registered
7 Posts
+1 for the Guardian Concealment. I have two of them for other guns. The guy makes a good holster. And you can get a 'hybrid'. A leather backed, kydex shell with belt clips AND belt slots cut. So you can wear it IWB or OWB by taking the clips off, or, just leaving them on and threading the belt over them. Plus, he makes a rig specifically for the FNX Tactical. I, like others, have a box full of holsters in the search for the perfect setup. These are great and have lots of options. guardianconcealment.com

I recently purchased an FNX Tactical and after I pay for an RMR, and another TLR-1HL, I'll be buying the above holster. I'm tall and skinny so I hope its not a waste of money. I'm gonna try to carry this beast in PA winters.

· Registered
981 Posts
There's concealed carry and covered carry. I'd argue that for most folks, the FNX, especially with any extras added, isn't all that concealable. (I suspect some folks will claim they've successfully carried an DESERT EAGLE concealed, too, but...)

You may be OK with some clothes and some situations, with the right body build and a great holster, but you may want to have a different weapon for those times and places where smaller is better. And if you carry all day long, bigger guns, even with poly frames, get HEAVY as the day wears on. Just the weight of a loaded mag alone can be substantial... and if you carry a spare --

21 - 31 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.