FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally had a chance to shot my 45 today! The gun shot great for the most part. The trigger kept sticking all the back, it wouldn't come back to reset. I shoot righty and it only did it to me once but my buddy shoots lefty and it stuck on him every time after the first shot. When it stuck on me it was after the 5th shot. A little tap on the side of the gun and it would come forward and reset. Has this happened to anyone else? Is there a simple explanation? Thanks

·
Registered
21,553 Posts
Never had that happen on my Tac or FNP 45 and I have over 5000 rounds through them between the two. That definitely should not be happening.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm sure it was cold in Maine today, you think your lube could be playing any part in it. I have not had this problem with either of my Tacs. Hope you get it resolved.
It wasn't that cold yesterday! It actually felt pretty nice in the sun. It was 27 degrees.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Disasembly and spray your framework out real good! with Birchwood Casey Synthetic safe gun areosol scrubber and then CLP and see if that helps!
I will try that Lester. Thank you. I did see a YouTube video about I small pin in trigger that if it slides out a bit it could cause the trigger to stick. I'll have to look at that today.

·
Registered
21,553 Posts
Yes. I don't even think they ask if you're the original owner.

Reactions: Raider
1 - 9 of 9 Posts