FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which do people prefer and why?

I ask because i currently have and love the usp, however I'd love to have fnx's ability to easily use an rmr sight. On top of the fn has better sights, higher capacity, and feels better in my hand. My main concern is reliability (the single most important attribute of any gun. A gun that doesn't go boom is a poorly designed club at best). does the fn stack up to the usp's legendary reliability? If so i might have an hk that needs selling. If not I'll probably have the usp side milled and have the best of both worlds

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
With regard to reliability, I've had the FNX tac for a year and I've never had a FTF or FTE. I haven't had a malfunction of any kind. The ability to attach a red-dot sight plus the mag capacity were the reasons I went with the FNX.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
No malfunctions in over 2k rds here. Had it since September. Best pistol I own. Can't help you compare to the usp, but I have heard the Fnx trigger is better. Don't know of that is true, but the fnx trigger is excellent.

·
Premium Member
97 Posts
I can't compare the USP, yet my FN45T has operated flawlessly with 100% reliability. I have a Trijicon RMR on it and it seems like they were made for each other.
I rotate through my FNs at the range and today put 150 rounds through the 5.7 and 357 Sig - just like the 40, 9 and 45T - no problems at all.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts