FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was getting ready to go to the range tonight and I noticed the white dot was missing from my front sight. Obviously it was there when I shot last week. I cleaned the gun and I can't honestly say if it was there then. Where can I get the dot and is it glued or pressed in? Thanks

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
Welcome! Most likely ur Cleaner dissolved it, go to hobby store and buy small vial of bright white model paint and a cheap brush and apply!

Reactions: Fnpurist

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No, there is a hole in the sight! There isn't anything to paint! Whatever was in there isn't any more. I am going to my LGS tomorrow and I'll take a look at what was there.

·
Registered
21,553 Posts
Was it the standard white dot sights? or the night sights?

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Nothing fell out unless they are different than mine. Like it was said above, your cleaner dissolved the paint. Luckily it's an easy fix. It happened on my old safety red dots

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
No, there is a hole in the sight! There isn't anything to paint! Whatever was in there isn't any more. I am going to my LGS tomorrow and I'll take a look at what was there.
Any place on any gun where paint is applied like safety/sight has a small indention which can look like something fell out, actually something could have a small dap of paint!

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
Cogger, don't feel bad there are many types of pop gun cleaners which will dissolve the finish/paint on many NIB weapons, some will also melt plastic grips on some guns! Only use CLP!

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
Attn. Lester:p, be extremely careful and don't use Gunscrubber/Brake cleaner on ur fav gun the "Zip Gun" since the whole da-n thing might melt!:-D:lol:

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
Depends on brush type, fine pointed and a dap of paint!

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
Attn. Lester:p, be extremely careful and don't use Gunscrubber/Brake cleaner on ur fav gun the "Zip Gun" since the whole da-n thing might melt!:-D:lol:
:icon_rolleyes:Surely that isn't the reason ur getting a second "Zip Gun"?:lol::-D The Zip warranty might cover it, if it even has one?:th_confused0024:

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
Leave it black. You'd get a better sight picture than having the white dot distracting your focus.

The first thing I do with any gun of mine that comes with colored dots is to take out a Sharpe black marker and blacken them all.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Check with FN Customer Service to see what was in that hole. They might be able to send you a new front sight especially if you're still under warranty.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Leave it black. You'd get a better sight picture than having the white dot distracting your focus.

The first thing I do with any gun of mine that comes with colored dots is to take out a Sharpe black marker and blacken them all.
You know, I shot it anyway without the front white dot, and I don't know whether it was a fluke or not, but I shot it better than I ever have!

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have a baggie full of recovered white dots from the range if anybody needs one
Just send me an SASE and I'll send one back for free! :mrgreen:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts