FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I'm taking a serious look at picking up an FDE FNX45T and would just like to gauge how other owners view it's reliability. Would you feel comfortable with this being your Duty sidearm? Or as your EDC? Is it better to think of it only as a range gun or safe queen?

Please, this is s serious question and I'm looking for serious and honest answers. Thanks, I'm looking forward to your responses.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
I am at 500 rounds, mostly suppressed, and have never had a problem. After shooting mine, a brother bought one too. I have heard a few people with problems but have never seen it in person with either mine or my brother's.

·
Registered
932 Posts
I carry off duty my FNX 45 stainless with the threaded barrel in an owb Alien Gear Holster. I love it. Now my Tacticals (FDE twins) unfortunately are my safe queens soooo. As for the reliability of my off duty gun, I put my life on it! My stainless has the mag srick problem but both my Tacticals are mag stick free.
I love my FNH guns and recommend them 100%

·
Registered
55 Posts
I've carried multiple gun throughout the decades...my FNXT is my favorite to carry (of a full-size)...also, make sure you get the more accurate black one. The FDE has been rumored to have had problems with the auto-heat-seeking bullet feature that is flawless on the black FNXT's.

·
Registered
21,553 Posts
I have over 2100 rounds through mine, a little over half suppressed. Mine has been 100% with factory ammo.

Currently, mine sits on my nightstand suppressed loaded up with 230 gr Federal HST's.

Reactions: akitainu

·
Registered
508 Posts
I have thousands of rounds through my .45tac, probably about half of them suppressed, and it has never missed a beat. I wouldn't concealed carry it due to the size, but I have complete faith in its reliability.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
No fanboy sh*t, my FNX .45T is extremely reliable, tons of rounds and one FTF and I'm 99% sure that the one FTF was the ammo's fault

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
I think that I have close to 1000-rds of ball plus maybe a hundred JHPs of various well known brands through mine.

Here's the catch: I haven't cleaned that mutha yet from the box.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have many handguns that I enjoy shooting but my FNX T is one of the favorites. The gun has been completely reliable soft shooting and very accurate. I have well over 2000 rounds fired with a large variety of ammo from your basic range rounds hollow points and some very hot loads from Underwood ammo. The only issues I have every experience were during the range trip with the gun the recoil spring is very stout and needs a few rounds to loosen up. After a few feeding issues the first day the gun has been flawless!!!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts