FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

I just purchased a FNX 45T (I have owned a five-seven for several years). I went to the range today an put 100 rounds of Winchester USA Ammo 45ACP FMJ through it.

It consistently shot 3-4 inches low. Always centered left and right, but low. This was at 5 and 10 yards.

I asked the shop and he said that is common with the raised sights. (I did shoot the ranges' FNX45 non-tactical before I bought mine, and it was right on every time - Almost made me look like I knew what I was doing).

Anyway...
Has anyone else had this issue. I have not read this on any of the forums here.

Thanks!!

-Joe

·
Registered
49 Posts
What is your sight picture or sight alignment to target? I line my sights where the dots are straight across and the front dot covers the point of aim and as long as I do my part I punch a hole where i expect to. I put an RMR on the gun and sighted it in and it pretty much perfectly co-witnesses with the irons. If you are lining the irons up properly and your mechanics are solid then i am not sure what would cause it to hit low. Also, this was the first gun that I own that has raised irons on it, but i have never heard of shooting low as being common.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts