·
Premium Member
9,490 Posts
I use these o-rings, they work great.

Metric Viton(R) Fluoroelastomer O-Ring, 1.5 mm Width, 12 mm ID, Packs of 25

·
Registered
49 Posts
I have been wrapping teflon tape around the threads. It is kind of a hassle and the o-ring likely works better, but it works for me for now.

·
Registered
508 Posts
I use the previously mentioned o-rings. I am still using the same o-ring after installing and removing it many times for cleaning, so I imagine a bag of them will last a lifetime.

·
Premium Member
9,490 Posts
Tighten against it.

Reactions: byoung

·
Registered
841 Posts
I just ordered a pack. Sadly they say "applicable shipping charges will be added" with no idea how much shipping will be.

I will split up my pack once I receive it and offer it back out to the forum, assuming per above 25 is way more than I need.

·
Premium Member
9,490 Posts
I just ordered a pack. Sadly they say "applicable shipping charges will be added" with no idea how much shipping will be.

I will split up my pack once I receive it and offer it back out to the forum, assuming per above 25 is way more than I need.
When I ordered mine, shipping was $5.18. That was a year ago, though.

·
Registered
6,436 Posts
I took mine off before I shot it and found afterwards when I put it back on it seats and stays put just fine, amazing what powder residue can do, it's not just for propelling bullets anymore!

·
Registered
8,450 Posts

I would be in for some. Evan PayPal you a few$ to help w shipping and cost. Cool idea.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I need an alternate source for the Metric Viton(R) Fluoroelastomer O-Ring, 1.5 mm Width, 12 mm ID, Packs of 25 because they cancelled my order...

Due to the complexity of U.S. export regulations, McMaster-Carr accepts international orders only from businesses. This decision also applies to orders shipping within the United States, because it is based on the final destination of the items. We cannot accept this order or future orders.
I've been shipping stuff between the United States and Canada for 20+ yrs...must be pretty complex lol.

·
Registered
52 Posts
That would be appreciated! There are no export regulations regarding o-rings...it's as simple as putting it in an envelope and shipping USPS First-Class Mail International = $2.91.
I suspect the real issue is they want to avoid credit card fraud. Some companies do not like to ship to foreign country PO Boxes for this reason which is why they want to ship to a business address and I understand this so no worries if its a no go.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Any reason I should not be using O rings I had gotten from Home Depot? I use a Danco #41 - 9/16" OD, 7/16 " ID and 1/16"

So far I have only used 1 ring from the pack. They hold the cap - I normally shoot over 100 per session. I also clean every time I shoot. Have not noticed any wear on the O ring yet and looks like just one will go a long way. I also don't need to tighten it to death to make it stay on with the O ring. I think I paid like $ 2.50 for the pack and fixed the issue for me. Mine would come loose about every 10 rounds before using O ring.

I saw this thread and has me wondering if there is any special reason to go with those other O rings instead.

·
Registered
841 Posts
I am back in town and have my pack of o-rings here. I will get them broken up in to some sub packages and listed for people at cost so we can all share.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts