FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The hammer's back and it won't drop when you pull the trigger. Not only that but when you go to decock it the hammer only goes halfway back. Not only that but the trigger won't go through it's full range of movement, even on safe.

How would I get this fixed?
Any help would be great!

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Did you previously disassemble it, or did this randomly begin to occur? Pull your slide off and look over the FCG the best you can.

·
Registered
21,554 Posts
What KAC said.

There may be something blocking the trigger bar/sear, possibly a broken pin or possibly even a stone depending on what you've been doing with the pistol. Considering you can't even pull the trigger all the way with the safety on (disengages the trigger bar from the sear), something is blocking its path back, possibly a crack FCG or loose part due to a broken pin.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
The only time like that ever happened to me, was after the first time I disassembled my FNX 9. I improperly reinstalled the FCG/trigger bar in the incorrect orientation, and it locked my gun up similar to what you describe.

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
if you took the trigger group or sear group out of the gun, you should watch a youtube video on how to properly replace it. I'm sure they've got one.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Fnx-9

Did you previously disassemble it, or did this randomly begin to occur? Pull your slide off and look over the FCG the best you can.
Here are some pictures of the sear and I don't see any broken parts. this happened when I was out shooting this weekend we had shoot about 50 rounds and then one round miss fired I thought but thats when it all started.

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/sre...2497&authkey=Gv1sRgCJWDufji_Y6nmQE&feat=email

Thanks for all your help

·
Registered
21,554 Posts
I have an FNP-9 and I know the FCG is slightly different, but to me, it looks like the trigger bar is forward of where it's supposed to be. It should be behind that tab that it appears to be in front of.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Your trigger bar needs to be behind the hammer link. I can tell by the first picture. It's the exact same thing that I mentioned above ^^^.

Pretty abnormal, considering it happened during firing.

You'll have to remove the FCG, and then reinsert it with the trigger bar behind the hammer link. It's a pretty straightforward operation. But, if it is your first time it may take you a while to get it down pat. Take note of where everything is, and how it is oriented during removal.

Here's a link to an FNP exploded view: http://fnforum.net/forums/fn-fnp/4416-fnp-9-40-exploded-view.html

While not exactly the same as the FNX, the FNP is similar enough that you ought to be able to figure things out on your own.

DOUBLE SAFETY CHECK IT FIRST! As a note; to remove the decocking lever, on the right side pull the lever down to the decock position and hold it, get a small diameter paperclip and insert it into the hole on the underside of the lever, this will allow you to release the lever to begin disassembly/ removal of the FCG (you ought to be able to tell if it is loose or not).

Hope this helps.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts