FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just bought my 1st handgun the Fnx-9. I like the look, feel and features so i took the plunge and picked one up new from Cabelas. I bought 100 rounds of PMC 115 gr FMJ's and i had some feeding issues (probably limp wristing as it was the 1st time ive ever shot a pistol)(that problem has cleared up sense) but i also have a random intermittent dead trigger (pull the trigger and no bang, no hammer fall no nothing) which is very unsafe when i need it most. It takes 3 up 9 pulls for it to drop. my gun smith and i could not replicate it with the slide off. 3 different experenced shooters shot it and had the same issue one of being my gun smith. its not a grip thing hitting the safety cuz we tried gripping really low as not to hit the safety with no prevail. Is there a Fix for this issue or dose it need to be serviced or am i sol?

you know its bad when u go to a local dealer and see if they know of a fix and they say "yeah i can sell you a glock..."

so far ive put
100 rounds of PMC FMJ 115gr
100 rounds of Blazer Brass FMJ 115gr
200 rounds of Winchester Value pack FMJ 115gr

today il be shoot it with
100 rounds of Federal FMJ 115gr
100 rounds of ZQI FMJ 123gr
200 more rounds of Winchester Value pack FMJ 115gr

will update if it changes

·
Registered
21,554 Posts
Sounds like it needs to make a trip back to FN for repair.

Give them a call Monday morning.

·
Premium Member
21,753 Posts
FNH customer service, 1-800-635-1321.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
i had a friend shoot some video of the last mag of the day still not remedy'ed (yah still a newb lol, trigger pulls after the slide locks back)
)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Had the same problem twice with the same gun. Both times sent to FN for repair. 1st time replaced the FCG, second time they sent a new gun. Has been good ever since. Seemed to happen around 1k rounds fired for me.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Had the same problem twice with the same gun. Both times sent to FN for repair. 1st time replaced the FCG, second time they sent a new gun. Has been good ever since. Seemed to happen around 1k rounds fired for me.
unfortunately this started happening right out of the box and still dose it 700 rounds later... il givem a call monday

·
Registered
21,554 Posts
Sounds like the trigger isn't resetting. If you listen carefully to the clicks as you let go of the trigger after firing, I'm not hearing the reset click when you get the dead trigger.

Also, you're slapping the trigger which won't help you with accuracy (obviously accuracy wasn't your intention for the video, so I can't say you do that all the time, just something to keep an eye on since you're a new shooter)

Reactions: Flo912

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
yah i was letting off completely to show that the trigger was indeed all the way reset and not pulling before the reset travel (if that makes sense lol)

just got it back from fn today, looks like they put a trigger spring in and lubed the crap out of it... il shoot it today and take more video if its still NFG...

i forgot to add, it also has a problem coming off safe, it can be seen with the slide off if u toggle off safe to fire the trigger bar docent move till u pull the trigger about an 1/8th of an inch then it will pop up into firing position. this happend before and after ive gotten it from fn so im optimistic they salved any thing...

found some one that has this problem showing what im talking about

·
Registered
21,554 Posts
i forgot to add, it also has a problem coming off safe, it can be seen with the slide off if u toggle off safe to fire the trigger bar docent move till u pull the trigger about an 1/8th of an inch then it will pop up into firing position. this happend before and after ive gotten it from fn so im optimistic they salved any thing...
That's normal. There's no spring to pop up the trigger bar after you take it off of safe.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That's normal. There's no spring to pop up the trigger bar after you take it off of safe.
if they were to set the end point on the trigger a smig back i think that would cure that...

well i got to shoot it today and they fixed it it seems wish they included what they did but no paper work came back. I still have mixed feelings about keeping it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts