FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have never had any issues with firing 115gr , 124gr, 124gr +P, and any 147gr rounds until I tried 147gr Ranger-T ammo. I have tried 3 different magazines and the last 2 or 3 round the top round did not chamber and slide was stuck open. I had to eject the magazine and the chamber closed. I then reinserted the magazine and continued firing the last 2 or 3 rounds until the mag was empty.

I guess I will relegate the Ranger-T rounds to my other pistol. I did fire 124gr Speer Gold Dots, a few mags full of 124gr Win +P and the newer 147gr G2 rounds and they all cycled fine. I will use the 147gr Speer GD rounds for SD.

I never use untested SD rounds and this was the first time I tried the 147gr Win Ranger-T rounds.

·
Registered
290 Posts
I've never had an issue in with rangers in the past, but those were RA45T and RA40T. I've not used RA9T yet, but I'm sitting on 10 boxes of them for the Glock 17 I just bought. I know guns will not like all types of ammo, but keep us updated if your other gun likes them?

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
This the first time my FNX-9 is choosey about the ammo. Oh well that's why I shoot two boxes of 50 rounds to be my sure my handgun likes a round.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts