FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Advertised on Guns America as FNX-45 Tactical, says clearly on the slide FNP. And yes, he sent other pictures but I didn't zoom in enough to see if it said FNP or FNX, I was more looking at overal condition of the gun. I mean I am mad just because it's not what I thought I was buying, but are the differences different enough that I should take action, or should I let it go? I know I've seen some threads on the differences between FNP and FNX, but of course I couldn't find any now that I'm looking lol. Thoughts anybody?

·
Registered
6,620 Posts
You should never except a firearm that isn't as advertised. You bought an FNX and thats what you should've received. I'd send it back in a split second and ask for a refund.

·
Registered
3,284 Posts
I would just ask for a refund and/or the correct item as advertised. I guess you could at least accept a FNX if the seller is capable ?
At least that is what I do when things go sideways. Generally after that if I don't get a satisfactory reply/response I would be upset.
I never bought anything from Guns America.

Reactions: Ironminer

·
Registered
3,856 Posts
Or even take a different route and ask for 20 percent back on your money both shoot the same and mags are available right now if they don't do that full refund

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
:th_ditto:, sounds to me like they were being purposefuly deceptive, thinking someone would buy it sooner if it was the newer model.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok, so I am mad, I should have worded it better. Of course I'm mad. I'm pissed. I don't know if it was deliberate or not, but of course I'm mad that I didn't get what I paid for. I guess the better question is how mad. Mad enough to demand full refund plus shipping costs to send it back to him, or mad enough to accept some money back as compensation. Are the differences between the FNP and FNX different enough that I'll end up regretting keeping the FNP?

ps, thanks for all the replies folks.

·
Registered
6,620 Posts
Ok, so I am mad, I should have worded it better. Of course I'm mad. I'm pissed. I don't know if it was deliberate or not, but of course I'm mad that I didn't get what I paid for. I guess the better question is how mad. Mad enough to demand full refund plus shipping costs to send it back to him, or mad enough to accept some money back as compensation. Are the differences between the FNP and FNX different enough that I'll end up regretting keeping the FNP?

ps, thanks for all the replies folks.
I Seriously doubt it was a mistake. I would not accept money as compensation. I would accept an FNX or a full refund of the purchase price. That's it. If you compromise whomever you purchased from will have gotten away with it.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I Seriously doubt it was a mistake. I would not accept money as compensation. I would accept an FNX or a full refund of the purchase price. That's it. If you compromise whomever you purchased from will have gotten away with it.
Pretty much this. You were lied to and cheated. DO NOT let the seller get away with this. He'll only try to do it again to some other poor soul.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

Good point. I've emailed the seller (an actual FFL dealer if you can believe it) and I'm waiting on his response. I'm hoping he's just an ignorant fool, but I don't expect that to be the case. We'll see what he has to say for himself...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ok, I'm leaning towards sending it back, but he just responded to me, said I can send back for full refund (obviously) or he can refund $400. That's a lot. I guess it really comes down to the FNX being a better gun than the FNP, which it seems is most definitely the case. Damn, now I have to wait again for an FNX...

·
Premium Member
9,524 Posts
I'd take the refund and get what you wanted in the first place.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts