FN Herstal Firearms banner

FNX purchased online, FNP recieved. Should I be mad?

4K views 26 replies 20 participants last post by  Goldngun 
#1 ·
Advertised on Guns America as FNX-45 Tactical, says clearly on the slide FNP. And yes, he sent other pictures but I didn't zoom in enough to see if it said FNP or FNX, I was more looking at overal condition of the gun. I mean I am mad just because it's not what I thought I was buying, but are the differences different enough that I should take action, or should I let it go? I know I've seen some threads on the differences between FNP and FNX, but of course I couldn't find any now that I'm looking lol. Thoughts anybody?

#2 ·
You should never except a firearm that isn't as advertised. You bought an FNX and thats what you should've received. I'd send it back in a split second and ask for a refund.

#3 ·
I would just ask for a refund and/or the correct item as advertised. I guess you could at least accept a FNX if the seller is capable ?
At least that is what I do when things go sideways. Generally after that if I don't get a satisfactory reply/response I would be upset.
I never bought anything from Guns America.

Reactions: Ironminer
#9 ·
Ok, so I am mad, I should have worded it better. Of course I'm mad. I'm pissed. I don't know if it was deliberate or not, but of course I'm mad that I didn't get what I paid for. I guess the better question is how mad. Mad enough to demand full refund plus shipping costs to send it back to him, or mad enough to accept some money back as compensation. Are the differences between the FNP and FNX different enough that I'll end up regretting keeping the FNP?

ps, thanks for all the replies folks.

#10 ·
I Seriously doubt it was a mistake. I would not accept money as compensation. I would accept an FNX or a full refund of the purchase price. That's it. If you compromise whomever you purchased from will have gotten away with it.

#15 ·
Ok, I'm leaning towards sending it back, but he just responded to me, said I can send back for full refund (obviously) or he can refund $400. That's a lot. I guess it really comes down to the FNX being a better gun than the FNP, which it seems is most definitely the case. Damn, now I have to wait again for an FNX...

#24 ·
Reactions: 762hurts
#21 · (Edited)
Return the FNP and wash your hands of this dealer and find another FNX. Are you telling us the seller does not have a FNX but advertised a FNP as a FNX? My friend went through a similar situation and in the end (nine months later) the seller was dead and none of the promises were kept (money back, extra magazines, etc) but he had the correct pistol but the return shipping costs totaled $300-$400. The issue was the seller (FFL holder) was very sick from disease and he died so his wife completed the deal; my friend had to leave things be and take the loss as you can't sue a dead man on the east coast (out of state transaction). The reason my friend kept dealing with the seller was due to the rarity of the pistol and the promises of extra magazines, etc not to mention the seller kept sending pistols, parts of pistols which turned out to be the wrong parts or pistol which took a local expert to determine. The sad part (the rub) is the manufacturer recently released an entire line of similar pistols which has made it difficult for him to sell his pistol as the price point of the lowest priced model is half what he paid not including shipping costs ($300-$400). My friend researched the pistol before deciding to purchase it but there was no indication from the manufacturer that a new line would be released as he would have waited to purchase from a local dealer.

#22 ·
The same thing happen to me last month when I placed an order for a FN-15 Rifle and received a FN-15 Carbine.

I called the vendor prior to pulling the trigger to verify that I was ordering a rifle due to their online advertisement/specifications being confusing so I called and spoke to a what sounded like a high school part time order taker which did leave me some what concerned but I decided that I was being to critical and accepted his confirmation.

To make a long story short, I decided to keep the carbine because it really does fulfill my wants but this decision was reinforced after not getting any responses from this vendor, all of my attempts to correspond i.e. emails, website contact and phone calls, all went ignored. They did however change their website information and it now has two separate order sections for the two models which was probelbly prodded by my contact efforts or due to other botched sales.

Yes, I could have put more effort into this and taken it to a higher level but instead I will enjoy my carbine and purchase a rifle somewhere else some day, but they have lost me as a customer forever.

#23 ·
Wow, thats a pretty big mistake on their part. They could make a very costly mistake one day which could get them in a lot of trouble. I would have been pissed. Very cool to keep it and enjoy t, but still, they should have wanted to fix it for you with no problem.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.