FN Herstal Firearms banner

FNX TAC Red Dot MOA Size?

3K views 12 replies 12 participants last post by  SCARFace17 
#1 ·
Proud owner of a new FNX tac and I'm already wanting to pimp it out, imagine that.

The red dots Ive been scoping out are the LED triji RMR's (non side adjustable models) and the doctor II plus. Also,what size 3.25 or 7 MOA?

Most of my pistol shots are going to be 25 yds and under and home defense purposes. Right now Im Leaning towards the larger 7moa dot size. Although I don't plan on shooting it over 50 yds, will the bigger MOA cover up to much target? Not looking for pinpoint accuracy since its pistols were talkin' but don't want it to cover up steel plates at 25 yards plus either.

I Appreciate all the info you guys have.

#10 ·
IIRC, the FF III can mount directly to the FNX...but it would be lower than what I would advise. I used one of the mounting plates included with the FNX to securely mount the FF III at the perfect co-witness height. I don't recall if I used the screws that came with the FNX or the screws that came with the FF III, but I know I didn't need to purchase any additional screws. I used a drop of loc-tite on the screws and the FF III has stayed put for thousands of rounds.

#11 ·
I have both and you can't go wrong with either. I have the 7 moa (RM07) on my fnx45 t, and the 3.25 moa (RM06) on a S&W CORE. The only caution I would say is the 7 MOA LED RM07 seems to have some reliability issues.

I have sent mine back to Trij once and it still goes out once every 100 rounds or so. Goes out for a few rounds then comes back on. I read others have similar issues with the RM07. The RM06 however has been flawless for me, nor do I see any problems reported by others on the web.

#13 ·
How quick do you find the smaller dot on the RM06? I just bought an FNX 45 tactical and I like the idea of being able to shut the dot off completely to use iron sights, I'm having s mental debate about which model RMR to buy and the RM07 vs. RM06 is at the top of that debate in my mind right now.

#12 ·
I run the Trijicon RM06 and really like the adjustability of the light. It did have to go back to the factory twice for repair, the light would come on and off during shooting. I don't think they put much effort during manufacturing and testing for these red dots to run Top of a slide banging away. Thought my next red dot would be a Burris for the ease of battery changing till my friend bought one and found the light dim and unit would also go on and off, back to the factory.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.