FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a FNX Tac on the way and need advice on which RMR to get. I see there are several kinds. Which model do you guys have?
Optics Planet has a Presidents Day Sale so I might try to pick one up. Thanks

·
Registered
11,157 Posts
battery or no battery, amber triangle, red dot, etc...your choice...whichever you would like. I have the RMR06 and love it and I also have the RMR08A and love it too! Completely different but both suffice for the objective at hand. Good luck.

I have a FNX Tac on the way and need advice on which RMR to get. I see there are several kinds. Which model do you guys have?
Optics Planet has a Presidents Day Sale so I might try to pick one up. Thanks

·
Registered
71 Posts
I recently put the adjustable on my fnx tactical and I have not yet had the time to sight it in. I have the one without the battery on my ps90. That one I have had a little longer but have not sighted it in either. I did notice that I could make the dot wash out being in a dark room and looking out to another room lighted or outside. It has the amber colored dot. My adjustable is the 06 model as well.

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
I'll take the RM01 all day long, handgun to medium range rifle. I don't care for the fiber optic, nor the adjustable setting models, just more stuff to go wrong ! 3.5 MOA dot, so I can actually see my target, not cover it and have no problem acquiring shot placement. No problems with wash-out in bright light nor halo in low light conditions. My first one of five, now five years old, still has the original battery in it. I think it's a great optic, but everybody has their own preference, this is just mine. If you care for a pros choice, go to Military Arms and ask Mac, he'll let you know what's up. :? FYI, Vortex has a new one out that is sweet, larger sight glass, very well made, battery change without sight removal. Good luck !

·
Premium Member
9,866 Posts
I have a RMR04 Dual-illuminated on my Tactical. While I don't hate it, I really wish I would have opted for a battery powered one...primary due to washout. Live and learn, I suppose.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Learn from me: I bought the dual-illuminated. Hated it. Awful in my house from bright room to dark room, dark room to bright room, bright room to dark room with flashlight, you get the picture...loved the green triangle reticle though, when you could actually see it...shipped it back to optics planet and got the RM07...6.5 dot is PERFECT match to cover up your front fixed dot...the great thing about the adjustable battery powered is its auto adjust function is legit (much better than the dual-illuminated model IMHO), and if you're shooting indoors in a dark range and want to crank up the reticle, you can do it.

I should disclose: I have never toyed with the regular LED RMR, and while I do regret that, I am in love with my adjustable dot. For the money, I like the functionality. YMMV.

I will say, I haven't seen the new Vortex RDS, but I absolutely LOVE the Strikefire red dot scope I just bought for my AR. I would check that sight out and if it's a great savings over an RMR, give it a shot. Great company service/product experience for me thus far. Granted, parts made in "that" country.

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Learn from me: I bought the dual-illuminated. Hated it. Awful in my house from bright room to dark room, dark room to bright room, bright room to dark room with flashlight, you get the picture...loved the green triangle reticle though, when you could actually see it...shipped it back to optics planet and got the RM07...6.5 dot is PERFECT match to cover up your front fixed dot...the great thing about the adjustable battery powered is its auto adjust function is legit (much better than the dual-illuminated model IMHO), and if you're shooting indoors in a dark range and want to crank up the reticle, you can do it.

I should disclose: I have never toyed with the regular LED RMR, and while I do regret that, I am in love with my adjustable dot. For the money, I like the functionality. YMMV.

I will say, I haven't seen the new Vortex RDS, but I absolutely LOVE the Strikefire red dot scope I just bought for my AR. I would check that sight out and if it's a great savings over an RMR, give it a shot. Great company service/product experience for me thus far. Granted, parts made in "that" country.
I was checking one out at my LGS, very impressed, what a chunk, very HD. Not much cheaper than the Trig. four something. MAC just killed one on a review and it was GTG, I'll try one out.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts