FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone mounted a FF3 on their FNX Tactical? The screws that hold the cover on the FNX are not long enough to mount the FF3. The screws that came with the FF3 are long enough but the diameter of the screw is a tad thicker and will not fit/thread properly into the gun.

thanks!

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
In your gun case there should be a small plastic box that has some other screws and such. In there should be ones that will work for you

·
Registered
373 Posts
In your gun case there should be a small plastic box that has some other screws and such. In there should be ones that will work for you
Ditto I have the FF2 an there were screws and also a plate that came with my pistol to install. If you do not have the mentioned parts you may need to contact the person you got the pistol from or FN for replacement parts.

·
Administrator
11,358 Posts
Has anyone mounted a FF3 on their FNX Tactical? The screws that hold the cover on the FNX are not long enough to mount the FF3. The screws that came with the FF3 are long enough but the diameter of the screw is a tad thicker and will not fit/thread properly into the gun.

thanks!
I have thr FF3 on my FNX45T. The included screws provided by FN will work but are a tad short for my taste. Spend a couple of bucks and get slightly longer screws. Use the Docter mounting plate. If you do not use the plate, the light sensor on the FF3 will be hidden by the slide. I did a small write up on this about a week ago. Search the forum for the post, and others on this subject.

·
Registered
932 Posts
I have looked on youtube and there doesn't seem to be any videos of installing the FF3 on the FNX 45 Tac. That is something I want to see.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I had the same issue with mounting my FF3. I purchased #5-40 x 1/2" FHCS (Flat Socket Head Cap Screw). You can get these at a place like Fastenal, MSC Industrial supply or other industrial supply houses. Both are online. I bought my screws from MSC (MSC Part #: 05575055, $8.71 per 100 pcs plus S/H). Fastenal will let you purchase individual screws plus shipping.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts