FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I have been shooting the FNX with FF3 for a few months now, however I am out of adjustment in elevation. I need the red dot to move DOWN but I am out of adjustment, the adjustment screw cannot move anymore. It is quite close to where it needs to be. When sighting the red dot is floating above the iron sights, when the iron sights are dead on the target. I need to bring the dot down so it is closer to the top of the front sight post.

Does anyone else have this problem?

·
Registered
32 Posts
1.) Are you using the adapter plate? that may help add a little.
2.) With mine, If you want it to move down, you should be turning the adjustment dial towards the up direction. I know it sounds counter-intuitive, but since the beam is being reflected off the inside of the lens when you move the adjustment up, your actually bringing the reflected beam to your eye down.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Yes I am using the adapter plate, without it the screws will not go in far enough to keep it locked down tight. It would seem short screws and a thinner plate would do the trick. You are correct, turning in the up direction because that "up" means moving the point of impact up.. Which adapter plate did you use? It is sooo strange that there is so much adjustment in the down direction as labeled on the sight, but the "up" it just does not have enough adjustment.

When you look through your red dot, is your dot just above the front sight?

·
Administrator
11,187 Posts
Same here. Sent it back to Burris and they said it was within specs. So now I have a FNX45T with no Burris FF3. It was the second Burris that I tried. Ran out of elevation adjustment on both.

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
Try ignoring the sights and center the dot in the window. That's what I do on my CORE. sight it in that way. Very fast.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
No my point of impact is low, about 2-3" at 7 yards. This is using the red dot only and ignoring the iron sights. If I remember correctly turning the elevation in the UP direction as inscribed on the unit itself moves the point of impact up, and the dot actuallycomes down.

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Sounds like the FF3 may not work well on the TAC being that HK had the same problem. I have the TRIJ. RM01 , and it works great, very fast target acquisition and perfect co-witness with irons. You could shim one end but I think I would sh!t can it and get a TRIJ. , I think you would like it a lot ! Good luck.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I just received my FFiii yesterday in the mail. Mounted it with and without doctor style plate. Ran out of elevation adjustment both ways. I was able to get it fairly close without the plate. Ran 80 rounds through it this way. Wanting to fix the problem without spending $600 on an optic I machined the doctor style mounting plate so that it has a taper rear to front. I have not fired it, but using iron sights to cowittness I have the red dot adjusted even with irons and i am almost directly middle ways of my available elevation adjustment. So for anyone interested don't give up on the Burris so easily. I will post back after I get 100 rounds through it this p.m. . Also for what its worth my doctor style plate had a warped bow to it from factory. I think this is why some people have the problem zeroing the FastFire and others do not.

·
Registered
14 Posts
So I used a boresighter to set the FFiii. First shot at 15 yards was dead center of a 1 1/2 inch circle target. Proceeded to shoot 120 rounds at various distances up to 40 yards, sight performed excellent.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts