FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to purchase the FN .45acp Tac handgun..... FDE color. When I initially started looking into these handguns I was quite certain the gun I wanted was listed as: FN FNP .45acp Tac. The other day I was looking at this same gun (what I thought was the same gun) but noticed the gun was listed as a "FNX".....not the "FNP". I know this is very likely a stupid question but can someone tell me what the deal is here? I read somewhere that the FN FNX .45acp Tac is simply the updated version of the FN FNP .45 acp Tac, is this true? I just want to be sure I purchase the correct FN .45 Tac model and am a little confused right now. Does FN make both of these models each year...the FNX and FNP? Anyway, I will really appreciate some help with this for those who are in the know........ and will happily apologize beforehand for being a dork about this. Thank you.

·
Premium Member
9,490 Posts
The FNX is the updated model. The FNP is no longer made.

Reactions: LESTER

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks fellas. I thought this is what I read...that the FNX is the updated version of the FNP. Going to get the FNX this Friday, cannot wait. I am curious how it will shoot compared to my Dan Wesson Valor....which is just great to shoot. I like the idea of having DA/SA with a .45, and the reviews on this gun seem pretty awesome. Thanks again for the assist.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Thanks fellas. I thought this is what I read...that the FNX is the updated version of the FNP. Going to get the FNX this Friday, cannot wait. I am curious how it will shoot compared to my Dan Wesson Valor....which is just great to shoot. I like the idea of having DA/SA with a .45, and the reviews on this gun seem pretty awesome. Thanks again for the assist.
you will not be disappointed I'm sure. added to the recoil being lighter than any other .45 i have shot, the advantage of the 15 rounds the mag holds makes it a no brainer.

·
Registered
21,554 Posts
I love my FNX 45 Tac. You'll enjoy it.

·
Registered
21,554 Posts
Done with school, working full-time (actually got hired a month into my internship there, just had to wait to finish my internship to go full-time).

Paying down my debt (should have it paid off in a year and a couple of months), and have money left over to get some guns.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I have a Wesson valor also. The fnx is fun but nothing like owning such a fine 1911. The plastic is rugged but everything lacks that fine precision feel. I put the rmr on in hopes to still win me over and even shot it once in a local match. Also the fnx does not shoot anything that is too far below factory power ammo . I would love to see an aftermarket spring. I see some using modified glock guide rods but for right now I'm just leaving as is as it's just a fun gun.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Reactions: Gers4Lyfe
1 - 11 of 11 Posts