FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently tried to purchase a threaded barrel for my fnx45 but the company sent me a barrel and slide assembly for the fnx 40 so now I am trying to decide if I just want to keep the barrel and slide assembly. Problem is I can not for the life of me figure out how to come about getting a lower frame I know this is what has the serial num on it but there has to be something out there. Looking for some help

·
Premium Member
7,025 Posts
Is the company you purchased the FNX-40 slide assembly from reputable? If yes, return it for a refund or the FNX-45 TB you actually ordered. If purchased with a credit card and the company goes full retard, dispute the charges.

Another option would be to place a WTB post for an FNX-40 frame/receiver assembly in the forum's marketplace. As you correctly stated what you're seeking is the serialized component which requires 4473 paperwork.

Good luck...

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
I'd check to see if there is a price difference between the .45 and .40 slide assemblies. I'm guessing the .45 may be about $40.00 more - if it was a Tactical upper - even more than that. If so, return it and get the original wanted .45 slide assembly, or have them refund the difference. If you take the route of keeping the .40, you may have to buy an entire pistol to get a lower. I checked Midwest Gunwrorks (MGW), and FN's web site, and they didn't offer any lowers for sale for this pistol. And FN's web sight only showed the 9 and .45 FNX pistols for sale - indicating they may have stopped making it available in .40 cal. Which is a crying shame. I'm a .40 cal fan myself, and the fact you have a threaded barrel for an FNX .40 absolutely grabbed my attention.

I think it's going to cost you basically the price of another pistol to keep it. And the .40 cal continues to lose popularity, but I think ammo will still be available for it commercially for some time. The choices may get slimmer though - and I guess that's a whole different topic. I don't know that FN ever made a threaded barrel for the .40 cal. If that's an FN barrel, myself, I'd keep it and pay whatever price was necessary to to get a lower for it, including buying an entire pistol. You could sell the upper slide assembly for cheap enough to get someone to buy it, and recover part of you investment. If it's not an FN barrel, find out who makes it, see if you can buy a threaded FNX .40 cal barrel from them, and just do that - and buy an entire FNX .40 cal. That would be cheaper. A threaded barrel for an FNX .40 strikes me as rare, and kind of a prized possession. But that's just me - as I'm still a sinning .40 cal fan lol.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts