FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to mount a red dot on my fnx40, probably a Burris ff3 due to my financial status. Ideally I want it to look like the fnx45 tactical. I have a friend capable and willing to do the milling required. I understand that I most likely won't be able to use the stock sights anymore but I can deal with that. My questions at this point are, has anyone done this? Do I only need to mill down enough to recess the sight where I want it in the slide or do I need to do as the 45t is and mill a big opening and use a mounting plate? Any information or ideas anyone wants to give me would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
I cannot answer the question definitively so wait for others to respond. That being said; I imagine you should be able to just mill a specific recess for that sight. If you want to be able to switch to different sights later then you should mill for a plate that can be switched out to suite whichever sights you want.

I am the new owner of a SS FNX-40 and I am also interested in possibly adding a red dot.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think you are right about being stuck
with that sight if I mill specifically for it but are the plates that come with the 45t available for purchase anywhere or would I have to try to come up with something similar from scratch?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok I found the 45 tactical mounting plates for sale at Midwest gun works for $55. So I guess I can go either way there. I have been looking into the tall suppressor sights now. I can find any for the 40 specifically and I see the fnp45 sights will fit it but I can't find anyone that actually has them in stock. Will the fnx 45 sights fit on the fnx 40?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts