FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need everyone's help to get Crimson Trace to make green laser grips for the Fnx models email them and bug them lets put the pressure on them to show some love to FNH gun owners. Would appreciate it if everyone could help me out and go to Crimsontrace.com and submit a model request.

·
Registered
3,731 Posts
Considering the fact that green lasers consume power several times faster than red lasers and that laser grips only have rooms for the slim button batteries, I think Crimson Trace have good reasons why they don't make a green laser option for their laser grip models.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They have them already they just dont have them for the fnx45 or FNH guns period. Crimson Trace powers your lasers for life so that's not the reason. They just dont think FNH gun owners would buy them, I spoke to one of their representatives that was his answer.

·
Registered
3,731 Posts
They are "coming soon" so technically no, they don't have them already. And they are only listed for 1911s, Glocks and M&P, so in terms of size of market, we would be waiting for a while before they get to FN pistols. Either way my original point stands: the combination of green laser power consumption and size of compact battery with grip laser is a major reliability concern especially for one's daily carry. I'm not a fan of putting lasers on guns but if you want a laser I'd go with one that has the larger battery or one that consumes less power. The point is if I need to rely on one I rather have a laser that's less likely to be out of juice than one that looks tacticooler.

FYI Crimson Trace advertise the battery life for their MVF515 laser (which is powered by four CR123s) as minimum 6 for green and 48 for red. That's right, green laser eats up battery 8 times faster than red.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts