FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I owned an FDE tac and had problems with it. Non stop FTE and FTF with several brands of ammo, including the infamous WWB. Got rid of it.

Decided to get myself a birthday present. I decided on an HK mk23. As I shopped around for 45's I start longing for another FNX tac. I started to realize that the tac is really a bargain. So I bought both. Took them out to the range for the first time today.

HK MK23. Just plain awesome! Biggest surprise was the advantage that that 3 mile long site radius give you. Feels like a damn SBR. Holds right on point. Putting 12 rounds into one jagged hole if I concentrated. Sweet trigger. Recoil is what you'd expect out of a 14 pound pistol. Similar recoil to my Glock 17. 200 rounds. Zero issues. Lots of people wanted to hold it. But some of that could have been the osprey45 attached.

I know, I know, this isn't HKpro forums...

FNX45 tac. I know this is blasphemy, but I actually had more fun with the tac! The RMR once zeroed, had me putting the same rounds through the same jagged hole, but this time I could do it a little faster. If you don't have an RMR on your tac, get one. 250 rounds of WWB. Zero malfunctions. 50 rounds PMC bronze. Zero malfunctions. So I though I'd try the king of shytty ammo, Tula. First mag had two short strokes. The 13th round stove piped, then the last round failed to lock back the slide. The ammo sounded like I was trying to shoot 9mm through it. An anemic thud instead of a sharp pop. The FNX then ate the rest of the 35 rounds without another failure. Usually only my Glocks can digest this crap. The best part of the trip was knowing this gun could eat Tula. I won't feed it to it anymore though!

FNX feels great. Points fast, and gets back on site quickly. RMR is a huge advantage. (I didn't plan on keeping it on until today.) Really good trigger. Predictable short reset. Almost has a race gun feel. I am very happy I gave this gun another chance. It is one of my new favorites.

I may have gotten one of the early Tacs? Maybe it was the FDE? My new one is black.

·
Premium Member
9,490 Posts
Really glad to hear it worked out. Still jealous of that MK23 though...someday.

Reactions: six-n-twins

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Really glad to hear it worked out. Still jealous of that MK23 though...someday.
The first one's problems kept me from really enjoying what the tac is capable of. But there really isn't another gun out there that has the same gadgets for anywhere near the price. By the time you get a threaded barrel, milled slide and triji tall nite sites on a glock, you're near tac prices!

As far as the 23, it's quite an experience. The only guns that had more people coming over from their lane were my USC/UMP and Desert Eagle. Has a custom gun feel. You know there is something special. I'd pick one up if I were you :)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Yeah did the same with Tula and almost the same result but had 2 double feeds after clearing it. Not goin that route again. Anyway, grats on your choices.

·
Registered
21,554 Posts
Good to hear you gave it another chance. My FDE tac has been 100% (only 450 rounds through it). Sounds like you may have had one of the earlier ones or just a plain lemon.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts