FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
FNX45 Tactical
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

Just recently received my FNX45T and just put on the red dot sight. Looks great and will try tomorrow to zero in the new sight. The 507C fit the Trijicon plate included with the gun perfectly but I have a question for anybody that may know. Is the mounting plate required or is it better to mount directly to the slide. The manual indicates that you can mount directly to the slide, so what is the pro's/con's for the plate, thanks in advance,

·
Premium Member
86 Posts
Personally, I have no idea, but it will be interesting to hear from others who are more knowledgeable.

I am/was totally unaware that you had the option to mount directly to the slide, without utilizing the appropriate plate.

A few years ago, I put an RMR on it, with the plate, and it's been that way ever since. I only take it off for maintenance and a good cleaning after shooting suppressed.

With the plate installed my sight picture with the stock sights is perfect, with only the top 3rd or so being visible, which allows for a really quick return on the target even when not using the red dot. So much so, I tend to not use the red dot at all. If I removed the plate, the sight would sit far lower and I feel I'd lose some of the advantage. Plus, the red dot would perhaps fall below the regular sights and/or the suppressor. In other words, I think I would restrict my overall field of view.

I am like a proud father with a first born... isn't she beautiful? :love:

'course, she's aged a bit since then and the Tirant is not quite so blemish free, but as they say... love is blind.

Cheers...

20171220_182545.jpg

·
Registered
FNX45 Tactical
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply, I was able to get to the range today to get the red dot sighted in and all went well. Plus I was able to get another 200 rounds thru it. I will keep the mounting plate on it as everything worked as should.

Nice suppressor, that is the next thing on my agenda, if they ever get back in stock, 😁

·
Premium Member
7,014 Posts
The plate would be required for a Trijicon RMR as it is used to seal the battery compartment. I have no clue if it would be required for a Holosun as I seriously doubt they are waterproof like an RMR with plate...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey all,

Just recently received my FNX45T and just put on the red dot sight. Looks great and will try tomorrow to zero in the new sight. The 507C fit the Trijicon plate included with the gun perfectly but I have a question for anybody that may know. Is the mounting plate required or is it better to mount directly to the slide. The manual indicates that you can mount directly to the slide, so what is the pro's/con's for the plate, thanks in advance,
My FNX45 Tactical is my EDC. I have the holosun HE507C GR V2 mounted using the rmr plate, which if I remember right from when I mounted it, is necessary. The holosun mrds are made with the rmr footprint.
I have no problem carrying IWB with this beast ‘cause my previous EDCs where a 1911 then Sig P220

·
Registered
109 Posts
My FNX45T has an RMR installed (with the plate), and has a lower 1/3 co-witness.
That's the way I like it, the iron sights don't clutter the center portion of the scope.

I'm thinking that mounting the Holosun without the plate would give an absolute co-witness in the center of the scope.
I don't like that, but many do like it. Go with what you think you will like best.

·
Registered
FNX45 Tactical
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
After the last range trip a couple of days ago to sight in the red dot I think I will leave it with the plate. After the sight in it looks like it almost a co-witness set-up now, just need to get some more range time with it to get used to the sight. Thanks all for the reply's

1 - 7 of 7 Posts