FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got it .Went to the range shot 115,124 and 147gr. Impact was at 8o'clock and about 6" down at 20yards. Anybody had the same with there's . If so what did you do to correct the problem?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Dry fire between your live fire groups. You probably got a gremlin in your stance/grip/trigger control/follow through. That point of impact suggests you're jerking trigger or anticipating the recoil.

Dry fire fixed this same issue for me when I switched from Glocks & 1911s to my FNX45T.

·
Registered
29 Posts
If possible, try shooting it from a rest and compare results. Maybe bring it in to 7-10 yards. And not to be Captain Obvious, but are you using a combat sight picture or a 6 o'clock hold?

For me, 8 or 9 o'clock hits were almost always trigger control/grip issues. Mostly cured by concentrating on mechanics and (for me) changing the backstrap.

Good luck.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I put the front dot over the bullseye with my fnx9 and fns40 aka combat hold. Both guns have the factory trijicon night sights, and the front dots are smaller than the standard front dot, which is huge. I was dead on at 7 yds, and all my rounds were in the kill zone on my shootnsee targets. I agree that your issue is how u are gripping and holding the pistol. Practice practice practice n good luck! btw, start at 7 yds, then move farther as you get the hang of it

·
Registered
12 Posts
I'm not going to arm chair your shooting. On my first visit to the range with my FNX 45, 25 yard shots holding at the top of the head were hitting center mass. Now at 400 rounds through it and dayly dry fire practice the same hold is resulting in hits in the lower throat. 5 shot groups are very consistent about the size of a fist. Shooting rate about a second between rounds.

·
Registered
21,553 Posts
I would shoot it off a rest. I've done this with several pistols I was either shooting left with or low and come to find out it was mostly me having the issue (I did have one pistol where I needed to push the rear sight a little to the right). I have had my friends do this with their pistols as well, especially when it's a new gun.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts