FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
howdy...first post here. did a search but came up empty so starting new thread.

is there a known issue with 17 rd mags not seating properly? it's as if there is too much tension or something. with 16 rounds it goes in just fine.

oh and it seems the fnx 45 is heavily predominant on here. when it comes to fnx's is that the way to go?

cheers!

· Registered
259 Posts
Sounds like the mag spring is new-ish and creates resistance when you are securing the mag in the magwell, when it's fully loaded with 17 rounds. Try to give the mag a firm bump on the bottom, when seating it when loaded with 17 rds. See if that helps. As long as it latches securely and functions properly, shouldn't be an issue. I've had many newer mags that require a firm bump to seat them, when filled to max capacity.

· Premium Member
258 Posts
thanks i'll give it a shot. the problem was it wouldn't latch so it would just drop out. :/
My FNX9 doesn't have that issue, but I have one 509 magazine that refuses to release from one specific 509 I have. It only malfunctions in that 509. I have every model # of 509 for reference. I haven't quite sorted out the anomoly, the magazine works fine in every other 509 and every other magazine works flawlessly in that 509.

· Registered
1,061 Posts
Yes the FNX9 magazines are hard to seat with the slide closed if the magazine is at capacity. FNX45 is the same way. I do not think that it is uncommon with semi autos. Some use with the magazines to loosen the springs a bit should help.

· Registered
165 Posts
I bought an FNX-9 back in 2014 and I loaded the magazines with 17 rounds and left the slide locked back for several weeks as well. I had issues with my FNX-9 when firing in single action.

The first shot with the hammer down always worked but after the first shot a was unable to fire the second round unless I dropped the hammer. I sent it back to FN and they corrected the problem.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts