FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an SA XD9, which I love... better than a Glock IMHO, but thats all for another topic... However its a 6'o clock hold, which... I do NOT like, and I am a huge 1911 fan and highly prefer Condition 1 carry with a SA trigger...

So, it looks like the FNX9 would be a fine weapon to investigate for carry.

But before I jump on the buy, what is the point of aim for an FNX? Im also used to the POA/POI for a 1911....

I thank you kindly for your time,
Justin Case

·
Registered
315 Posts
I have an SA XD9, which I love... better than a Glock IMHO, but thats all for another topic... However its a 6'o clock hold, which... I do NOT like, and I am a huge 1911 fan and highly prefer Condition 1 carry with a SA trigger...

So, it looks like the FNX9 would be a fine weapon to investigate for carry.

But before I jump on the buy, what is the point of aim for an FNX? Im also used to the POA/POI for a 1911....

I thank you kindly for your time,
Justin Case
Check this sticky in the FNX Forum : http://fnforum.net/forums/fn-fnx/24388-how-improve-your-accuracy-fnx.html you will find it helpful.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
G4L, THANKS SO MUCH! That post is EXACTLY the information I was searching for, with pleasing outcome...

The 3 dots are not for target shooting. they are for rapid target acquisition in a close range combat scenario. You line them up, and the center dot is point of aim.
sightimages.jpg
Just in case you may have missed it, your sight picture for a FNX is #3 combat sights.

This is the way my 1911 shoots... AIM SHOOT HIT.

If there was a way to tune my XD sights, Id be happy with it... I think Ill take the dive and get an FNX9!

Thanks again for your work & help!
JC

1 - 3 of 3 Posts