FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I purchased one of these for my Streamlight Scorpion flashlight in early December. I have had my Scorpion light for about 10 years, and I love it. I knew I wanted to attach a flashlight to my PS90, and I already had a great one that was recoil proof.

This also allowed me to not have to spend another $100+ on a tac light. And, to me, pistol tac lights don't look as good on a rifle. On rifles, I like traditionally shaped lights...

Once I got my rails in, I attached them to the gun, and then put the light inside of this Fobus mount, and tried to put it on the rail. I soon found out that the molded plastic of the mount didn't exactly fit the rail, despite the claim that it did. 1 side of the flashlight mount was not quite wide enough - but it was close. Very close. The mount is made to fit the aftermarket rails for the PS90, but it was just a minor manufacturer flaw.

I did manage to get it on. But, it was done the hard way :p - I had to beat it on. Its not as bad as it sounds... I took my hammer, and folded a washcloth over the flashlight mount, so I wouldn't damage the plastic. I then succeeded in beating the mount down the rail. Of course, I removed the light from the mount while doing this. I stopped when it got where I wanted it. I then put the light back into the mount.

I am satisfied w/ it, but for the $30 cost, it should not have needed this force to get it on. I really wanted to buy a $6 scope ring to attach the light, but the Scorpion light is not 1" thick. I could have ordered a spacer that is sold on some gun websites to make up the difference. And, if I were to do it again, I'd probably do this.

Anyway - here is what it looks like on the gun:

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
UPDATE - I would not recommend this product after all. I had to beat it on the rail with a mallet to get it in place because the tolerances are not that good.

And, I had to beat it back off the rail with a mallet too. I also forgot to press the button each and every time it slide down the rail when removing it - it took a while to remove, and it was tough to remember the entire time (there is a piece that locks into the rail that must be depressed as it passes each depression in the rail).

Anyway, I had to replace one of my Magazine Parts rails with another after I took it off because of this.

Next time, I'll just use a scope ring. I have a light that is 1" across which will fit. Or, I'll put electrical tape around the Scorpion under the scope ring in order to build it up to 1 inch (that's what they do on SG1).

So, thumbs down.

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yea - when I got the replacement rail, Magazine Parts changed the finish - so my two rails didn't match anymore. I contacted them and sent them both in, and they sent me back a matching pair.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts