FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
PMM is happy to finally announce the upcoming release of my SCAR Left Handed Rear QD mounts for the Factory Sling location.

I Took great care in making sure this mount is as low profile as my RH rear mount,
we all know by now how irritating the sling can be right in your face with the factory rear mounting lactation. Te PMM LH rear QD mount will come in both the Locking and 360# version and uses a Compression clamp fit onto the Factory Sling lug, I took great care in making sure that once in place the mount will not rotate or move.

Product Features:

CnC'd inhouse out of 6061 then hard-coated in a 8625 Type 3 class 3 finish.

PMM SCAR LH Rear Mount comes with Mounting hardware and loctite 242.

ETA on a release date is a month or so(Sorry guys I know I am behind on this project)
Thanks again~Jrod.
SCAR LH Rear1.jpg SCAR LH Rear3.png

·
Registered
757 Posts
Thanks Jarod. So it looks like it sandwiches the mount and lies forward and level with it- forward of the sight wind age adjustment but not in the way of it- am I seeing that right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
660 Posts
PMM is happy to finally announce the upcoming release of my SCAR Left Handed Rear QD mounts for the Factory Sling location.

I Took great care in making sure this mount is as low profile as my RH rear mount,
we all know by now how irritating the sling can be right in your face with the factory rear mounting lactation. Te PMM LH rear QD mount will come in both the Locking and 360# version and uses a Compression clamp fit onto the Factory Sling lug, I took great care in making sure that once in place the mount will not rotate or move.

Product Features:

CnC'd inhouse out of 6061 then hard-coated in a 8625 Type 3 class 3 finish.

PMM SCAR LH Rear Mount comes with Mounting hardware and loctite 242.

ETA on a release date is a month or so(Sorry guys I know I am behind on this project)
Thanks again~Jrod.
View attachment 26287 View attachment 26288
Looks great! I have a question: if it comes a bit lose, would the part ever rub or hit the anodized (FDE) upper and rub into the anodizing, or does it have the clearance?
Thanks!!:icon_thumbup:

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If the bolt came loose, The mount can not physically move as it's a contoured fit for both the inside of the the mount and the radius in the rear.
~Jarod.

·
Registered
660 Posts
If the bolt came loose, The mount can not physically move as it's a contoured fit for both the inside of the the mount and the radius in the rear.
~Jarod.
Looks like I'm going to have to add this cost into the cost of the "G" trigger I'm getting from you! Awesome - Can't wait! :th_4_17_2:

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ok,gents this is what I have come up with, I am open to suggestions I would like your opinions on this newer Revision.

In order to get the Stock sling mount to clear on the rifle stock in the folded position it's difficult to mount it directly on top of the rear sling mount loop. You can either go up(IWC) or forward (PMM) I opted for the forward option and here is the reasoning.

The sling mounts on both the right and left of the SCAR are in a less than desirable place for the the shooter as it can cause some cheek interference while in the firing position . In order to mitigate this I chose to move the mount a bit forward and up that way it will allow the sling to drop a bit more and and be further away form the shooter's cheek. In the further back and higher up configuration i found it to be be a nightmare to use but I am not sure as I do not have a IWC unit. Dos any one run that QD mount yet and have any feed back on this issue?

With that said I am open to what you guys want I am not lefty by choice but would like to try and make something you would use and desire.

PMM 3D Model on 17 s open stock.

PMM 3D Model on 17 s folded stock.

·
Registered
757 Posts
That's looking pretty good! Can you show some pics of angles from the back and front?
One difficulty I've noticed when handling my 17- it's a significantly more difficult task to snap open and even worse fold the stock left-handed. And I'm a lefty. Maybe I'm not man-handling it enough.

From what I can see it looks like it would definitely clear the mount--about as good as its going to get for us lefties. The only suggestion I would have is that it be contoured more, reduced on the body of the mount so as not to protrude so much- though you're probably already on it since this is just a prototype.

·
Registered
757 Posts
Any developments on this yet, Jarod?

·
Registered
660 Posts
To tell you the truth Jerod, I prefer the first rendition that you show in green. it's smaller, cleaner - and I don't carry the rifle slung and stock folded up. Quite frankly when I have tried to carry it with my Blue Force padded Vickers sling I attach it to the left side rear mount. But as I said, I carry it stock locked out and ready to engage targets. I do have the IWC but it forces me to move the rear sight forward which means I have to move every thing I have on the rail forward and for right now, that's not an option. As long as your first one is solid, not movable as to nick up the FDE anodizing, I'm all over that version.

Thanks for thinking and putting in so much thought into making left handed attachments for us guys! :icon_thumbup:

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Guy's truth be told I had put this on the back burner due to the folding stock and the issue to get a QD sling to clear it. I'm not sure why the folding stock is such a big deal to civvies like us? I have never folder the stock on my SCAR other then to see if my Prototype LH mounts were going to clear. What is the upside for the folding stock for LH shooter's?

·
Registered
660 Posts
Guy's truth be told I had put this on the back burner due to the folding stock and the issue to get a QD sling to clear it. I'm not sure why the folding stock is such a big deal to civvies like us? I have never folder the stock on my SCAR other then to see if my Prototype LH mounts were going to clear. What is the upside for the folding stock for LH shooter's?
Upside?? Uhhh that it fits in a smaller case?? I too never fold it, so having the QD with a sling attached clear the stock while folded is a mute point for me personally speaking of course.

·
Registered
65 Posts
As mentioned above the upside is the fact that it was be stored in a smaller location. The mount originally as planned would likely not interfere with this though. I do not see myself often carrying with the stock folded but would like to have the option. I currently use a blue force wire loop on the rear slip location (as a lefty) and it works fantastic due to being flexible. I did purchase your front mount though. :)

·
Registered
757 Posts
I'll second that, realistically, for paper killers it's not the most important feature--like I said above--anyone tried to fold the stock left handed?(it's a little tough to do)---however I wouldn't buy into a product personally if it neutered any of the factory functions, just because.

Jarod, being ignorant of your processes and development time, I'll ask the question--what's the chance someone like myself could be a tester for this product? (Me paying of course) I'm not affiliated nor associated with any firearm/ component company in any way shape or form. Just hopelessly left handed and ready to buy a nice sling now. I'm going to be stuck with HK's or another company's product if you don't end up doing this one. You can PM me if you wish.

Reactions: oilcan72

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I know it's been forever but the PMM SCAR LH rear QD mounts will be done real soon! Here is an image of a total of 8 that have gotten the works on Mill #2 for the first series of operations and mounted to the upper!

Maybe you guys need 8 Mounts in a row instead of one?:?:

The mounts slide over the rear LH sling lug and use a precision Shoulder bolt(bolt sown is just for Demo-wont be so long) to index the ID of the sling hole and clamp the mount into position, Very tight and very strong!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts