FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
FN-49 in excellent condition (other than the stock, perhaps)
30.06 caliber. Likely manufactured in Luxembourg
Price: $1735 >> $1550, plus half of the shipping cost.

This was one of the first firearms I owned; bought it 53 years ago. It was in new condition, wrapped in heavy paper, all metal parts covered with cosmoline., and it functioned perfectly. All parts such marked bear the same number. I shot military surplus with it, which was extremely inexpensive and easy to find at the time. A friend of mine had an M1 Garand, and we went shooting together several times, with both the M1 and the FN-49. For some reason the FN-49 seemed to have a milder recoil. Following the advice of my older brother, who was a firearms enthusiast and collector, I cleaned the FN-49 after time I shot it. I shot last about 10 years ago, and it still was as good as new.

A few years later, my sons, who were preschoolers at the time, thought that the rifle looked too plain, and not knowing any better, sort of talked me into making the modifications I made to the stock, as shown below. This, by the way, in no way affected the functioning of the rifle. I kept the buttstock plate, but cannot find it, so I just ordered an original replacement.

I'll be glad to take any more pictures you may desire, and answer your questions. I am located in the St. Louis, MO area.
Thanks for looking!
Nando

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I just lowered the price of the FN-49 to $1,550 plus half of the shipping costs.

To be honest, I have no idea how much this rifle is worth.

Thanks for looking.

Nando

1 - 2 of 2 Posts