FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Drawn from your 1911 experience, what made the FNP appeal to you, as opposed to other guns. This is assuming your experience with the 1911 is applicable.

·
Registered
656 Posts
I have owned a couple of 1911's over the years, and if memory serves me correctly the last one was Safari Arm's plain Jane model. They have not made this model for ages, and I wish I had never sold it.

That being said, 1911 ergonomics are about perfect. You hold it in your hand and it just feels right. It is also a nearly perfect point and shoot pistol -- point first and then look at the sights -- it should match up perfectly.

It was the same way with my FNP-40. I looked at a lot of pistols, but the FNP was the only modern one which fit my hand the first time I picked it up. It is also a great point and shoot pistol. :?

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks that's good to hear. I didn't have the opportunity to hold one before putting it on order. My 1911 is what I can most relate to, hoped someone else could as well.

I have shot the Sig, HK, Glock, and Beretta, XD & Ruger on a limited basis (tried friends or brothers)

They all seemed to fit decent enough, I'm thinking the FNP-9 will as well.

·
Registered
5 Posts
1911 Perspective

I've been a 1911 guy since training with and using 1911s in the Coast Guard 30 years ago. Nothing feels the same in my hand, nothing points more naturally, nor do I think any serious pistol is more concealable than a Commander with slim grips (which I have carried concealed in all four seasons for a long time). Also, I've never shot a handgun with a swinging trigger as accurately as one with a sliding trigger.

Why I like the FNP-45 USG for certain applications (to include bedside or when the red flag goes up):
-- increased ammo capacity without significantly increased weight over a fully loaded 1911, due to polymer frame
-- really easy field stripping procedure with no loose parts to drop or springs to shoot into the eye
-- Fully ambidextrous
-- Decocker
-- No grip safety, which I think is superfluous on 1911s
-- It does have an external hammer

Hope this helps!

·
Registered
10 Posts
FNP 45

Nothings as pretty as a 1911. Nothing fits like a 1911. Hi end (Les Baer) will make one hole at 25 yds. I like the FNP, its American, hi-cap, decocker, reliable out of the box. Good value.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts