Not open for further replies.
21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,708 Posts

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Eh, I've had my fill of their full auto cousins. I wonder if they'll bring over the SAW's patented ability to malfunction every couple of rounds to the semi-auto variant?
Is it included in their Mil/LEO discounted program? :-D
LOLOLOL! A discount on the malfunction just like in the real Minimie!
Even at the government price of "only" $4000, I still would not buy one.
A SCAR or FS2000 gets the job done better.

·
Registered
757 Posts

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
View attachment 37088

Seriously any Bumpfire-stock company not already developing something for this should close their doors....and give it up.
Best comment in the thread.
And i must say, i was thinking this was such a waste until watching it in action....It still falls into the same personal category as buying a semi auto submachine gun, but it's still pretty sweet.

·
Registered
22,109 Posts
So it is not 8000 pp who ever started was wrong or read bad information-- here is more info released at the NRA Nashville

Going for 4k.

FN's Semi-Auto M249: Details, Pricing, and Hands-On - The Truth About Guns
First things first, the price. There’s no official word on how much this will cost — the R&D process for this specific firearm only kicked off in December, so they’ve barely made one much less figured out all the costs involved. But the hope is that the price will stay as close to what the U.S. Government pays for the real deal as possible. Wikipedia puts the unit cost of an M249 at a hair over $4,000 under contract, but my spidey sense is telling me MSRP will be $1k to $2k higher (and street price somewhere in between). Like I said they are nowhere near done quite yet with all the planning, so everything is subject to change.

From the article, which is from a "real source."

·
Premium Member
25,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 · (Edited)
So it is not 8000 pp who ever started was wrong or read bad information-- here is more info released at the NRA Nashville

Going for 4k.

FN's Semi-Auto M249: Details, Pricing, and Hands-On - The Truth About Guns
Considering a NIB M-249 is $7,000.00 and all of the tooling is paid, the $8000.00 price tag is very much in line.

TTAG forgets the F.E.T. is off limits on .mil and PD weapons and is absolute on commercial weapons which equates to 10% for the $ the commercial market would have to absorb on this model.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Most people who say they don't want one don't have the Money for one. Its another rifle that the Libs hate. Why are you guys poo pooing it? Its bad ass. I scares Libtards. I will get one maybe even two. I suspect the final price will be in the 5K range. Just my opinion. If you don't like it keep your opinions to your self.

Reactions: Bob Palermo

·
Registered
9 Posts
Most people who say they don't want one don't have the Money for one. Its another rifle that the Libs hate. Why are you guys poo pooing it? Its bad ass. I scares Libtards. I will get one maybe even two. I suspect the final price will be in the 5K range. Just my opinion. If you don't like it keep your opinions to your self.
I think this is a great idea and have been looking forward to something like this for some time now. If it is priced at $5K or under, I will get one as soon as they are released.

The only part that sucks is that it will fire from a closed bolt. I would have liked it to be as close to the original as possible (open bolt), but I understand why they had to. Thank you ATF.

·
Registered
505 Posts
UPDATE:

I emailed FN and asked them what there release date would be. They emailed back saying there TARGET RELEASE DATE was December. Since I work for a firearms company now I would suspect that date to be pushed to January or February. Most likely shortly after next SHOT SHOW. Either way I will jump on one of these!

Also I have seen two approximate sale prices. The first was between 4K and 6K. The second being in the 7K range.

·
Registered
6,625 Posts
They have been talking about releasing the SSR to civilians for how long now? Seems doubtful they will actually be on time releasing this. Of course I hope for the best and pray that they do. Between this and the SSR I will take the SSR *first* and get this later if I trip over 4-7K while walking down the sidewalk one day. I just hope it's not another long drawn out so far empty promise from FNH.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.