FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a PS90 manual, but I keep it in my safe deposit box. A few years ago, my insurance agent told me that I should keep the receipt AND the manual locked up for all of my guns, to prove my ownership should I never need to make a claim (I have an extra coverage policy on my homeowners insurance)

Anyway - it's been a pain to not have my manual.

Anyway, I finally got around to e-mailing FHN this weekend, and today I got a response that one was on the way. I just gave them my name and address and asked for one.

I have seen several people here mention that they did not get one with their new PS90. So, if ya want one, write here: [email protected]

·
Registered
36 Posts
should keep the receipt AND the manual locked up
Frankly that makes no sense at all since I don't know of a single manufacturer out there that will NOT send you a manual if you ask.
Not sure what having the manual proves.

A photo and receipt is more than plenty.

But, like you say, all you gotta do is ask for one.

No maker is going to deny a manual and get sued over an accident.

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
I don't have all my receipts, but I have an Excel Spreadsheet listing each gun I own and its serial number. Then I have photos of each gun showing the serial number burned onto a cd and both are kept in the safes (2).

TA

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, I keep that locked up and I also have the bill of sale for every gun I've ever sold.

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
tug said:
Ship, could you put the manual up on the sight ? ---Tug
Well, I don't have a scanner. And 2, I can't do that w/o FN permission - copyright issues.

Too bad they don't have a PDf version on their own site that we could link to. Some companies do that.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts