FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I just got my PS90 a couple of weeks ago and have never shot the poor thing. My PS90 is the OD Green Gen 3 model with the cool and low profile tri rail thing on it. It didn't come with any box or paperwork which is the only reason I'm considering the trade I've got pending, but I will surely miss her. I am currently in the process of getting a FN FS2000, so I won't be an member of this website without an FN product! I will be FN less for about a week (until the FS2000 arrives). I only had $1,000 in the PS90 and hope to get another after this if I don't like the trade I'm getting but I'll let you guys see the rifle I have that I'm trading before going through that:

Anyways, the trade that is "en route" (the guy is driving two hours to come get it) is a black model I.W.I. Tavor. It's coming with 18 magazines and 380 rounds along with paperwork, just no box. This is in trade for my PS90 with $150 cash.

What do you all think of that trade? Or am I going to be outcasted for doing this? Lol, I know some people despise the Tavor where others love it. I'd just like some opinions on the Tavor as well, since I've never dealt with one and have heard some good things about it. For a moment, I thought I was "F'N" crazy for wanting to buy FS2000's, PS90's, etc and then going and doing this trade, so some positives would be reaffirming!

·
Registered
8,521 Posts
I'm not sure about your trad. A new od ps90 for a used tavor. I own both, and I like both as well as the fs2000, but in honesty I like my ps90 more than any guy I own and I like my fs a lot too. If this guy is going thru the trouble of everything he is trading you, that must say something about what you have now!

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm not sure about your trad. A new od ps90 for a used tavor. I own both, and I like both as well as the fs2000, but in honesty I like my ps90 more than any guy I own and I like my fs a lot too. If this guy is going thru the trouble of everything he is trading you, that must say something about what you have now!
My PS90 is definitely not "new" lol, it's just new to me. It's been well used. I don't know why he's trading it other than him saying his wife wants a $200 dog and he's trying to make some money on top of the rifle to fund that. I'm hoping everything is good, he's another military member, so I'm hoping he has the decency to not screw me around.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Father Skoot will forgive you... recommend penance; pray your deal goes through.

Good Luck With Everything!

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Father Skoot will forgive you... recommend penance; pray your deal goes through.

Good Luck With Everything!
Haha. Thank you Father Skoot. I shall prayeth in your nameth. Lol. If it goes through, I'll post up a pic! I just don't know much about the Tavor to know whether it's a great rifle or not. I've been watching YouTube videos for about an hour and it seems good, but I don't know anyone here who has experience with it enough to know for sure though.

·
Registered
877 Posts
I have both, an FS2000 and PS90. I got to mess with a Tavor and I prefer the FS2000 to it, I only need one 5.56 bullpup. Can't believe your trading the PS90 for a Tavor, it's such a sweet little pdw, but it's your call.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have both, an FS2000 and PS90. I got to mess with a Tavor and I prefer the FS2000 to it, I only need one 5.56 bullpup. Can't believe your trading the PS90 for a Tavor, it's such a sweet little pdw, but it's your call.
Honestly, I think the only reason I'm willing to do it is because I can't find the darn ammo anywhere for a reasonable price and my Sheriff here is a douche about signing off on NFA, he actually refuses to sign any at all. I have to make a trust tomorrow and only have enough to cover my Thompson that I've been planning on getting done for the last 3 years or so. I will have another PS90, I've got a few people who want one of my other rifles and are willing to trade, I'll just have to see about it. If anything, the Tavor could be sold for another PS90 in better condition than mine is I'd assume.

·
Registered
957 Posts
Don't own the ps90 but have owned 2 Tavors now. Initially had the black 18 but now have the fde 18". I think it is a sweet gun. I have shot a fs2000 but like the ergos and feel of my Tavor better. Others like the fs2000 better. If I ever needed to add an additional bullpup in 5.56, I would not hesitate to get another Tavor.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hmm. I'm hoping that all this negativity isn't just because I'm in the "F'N" house lol, but I'm also hoping that it's an easy trade down the road if I don't like it. I would really like the PS90 with the factory optic, so I'm hoping later down the road someone will trade me if I end up not liking the Tavor.

·
Registered
3,114 Posts
Honestly, I think you made a decent trade. I own both Tavor IDF and an FS2000 Standard and love them both. I have never owned a PS90 but have shot plenty of them and think they are cool but since I live in a non-SBR state, I've never considered owning one. If you end up regretting the trade too much, there's no shortage of PS90's on the market to choose from ... it can be replaced.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
If the FS2k fades into the sunset never to be seen again or people start asking dumb amounts of money for them; the Tavor will be my next bullpup.

·
Registered
22,109 Posts
I don't care for the tavor.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
If the FS2k fades into the sunset never to be seen again or people start asking dumb amounts of money for them; the Tavor will be my next bullpup.
This is true, either way though, I'm buying an FS2K, I send out my MO for one tomorrow. Only downfall I see on the FS2K is the mag compatibility. This Tavor takes all but the Gen3 PMags from my understanding. The ergonomics of it are really nice! Only thing I don't like is how the mag jets out into your arm when you rotate the gun certain ways lol.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Nice! I think with all the ammo you came out well that is if the barrel is not shot out.
I shined a light down the barrel and it looks very nice. I either lucked out or he didn't know what he had. Or both I guess.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts