FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a tri-rail but this question is for a friend who has the NON tri-rail "std" ps90 sight setup.

He wants to try after mkt optics (EOTech or aimpoint or ?? tbd

Is there a mfgr that makes a replacement for the "std. sight" that drops (screws ) in? This guy is not into hacksaws/lathes etc. Does that bracket just screw off somehow & are the replacements "drop in w/ a rail

I did find this on cmmg site
CMMG Modular Triple Rail for P90/PS90

Is that "bolt on"? I guess there are no lower $$ commercial alternatives?

Thx & sorry for not knowing how the reflex sight (or my tri-rail attaches to the gun!

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
All the optic rails are just put on with an allen wrench. You unscrew the stock sight and then screw on the optic rail.

I think that tri rail from CMMG is way overpriced. Plus, U can put an optic rail on from another manufacturer, and 2 side rails on the receiver for less than that tri rail (the tri rail also sits up a bit higher).

I have a Magazine Parts optic rail (they are a sponsor here). At the time (Dec 06), they were one of the few that made PS90 optic rails.

MPF Tech also sells an optic rail. Critical Dimensions, who used to be a sponsor here, also sold a few versions.

Many are similar. Some have some differences. Unless 1 stands out among the others for what ya want, maybe judge on the prices.

All of the ones made by the sponsors here are very good, and there are lots of happy people who own all the brands of the sponsors.

Be aware that when you screw the allen screws into the reciver - make sure to use threadlocker on the screws. I did back in Dec 06, but I didn't use enough. Recently, the screws had backed out a bit, and I had to re-threadlock them. I put more on it this time, and I think I solved that issue.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts