FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,907 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Maybe you guys can help, I have a Seagate 80gb HD that was installed a moded Xbox but the drive got screwed when I deleted some files. So all I want to do is format this drive so I can use as a external on my PC. But when I plug it into a external harness it only comes up as a USB drive and it will not show the drive under in "My Computer" area of the drives. I just want to format it so I can put it good use. ( In my best Princess Leila voice) Help me FN Forum your my only hope!

·
Registered
124 Posts
Well, you could set the jumper to slave and install it in your computer using your IDE cable (or EIDE). This way it will be recognized as a drive and you can format it that way.

Feel free to email me if you need more help. I think my email is set to accept from members.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Well this should work. Assuming you are using windows XP:

Start> Control Panel> Administrative Tools> Computer Management> Storage> Disk Management (local)> Your drive> Right click> Format

Let me know if you have any problems

·
Registered
4,907 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
FiveseveN said:

Start> Control Panel> Administrative Tools> Computer Management> Storage> Disk Management (local)> Your drive> Right click> Format

The drive is not showing up to format it, was hoping not to have to pull out my PC from the desk. Its just a PIA to do.

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
blkbd said:
FiveseveN said:

The drive is not showing up to format it, was hoping not to have to pull out my PC from the desk. Its just a PIA to do.
If your not seeing it in disk management somethings wrong. Even an unformatted drive will be visible there

Make certain your viewing disk management and not my computer. Additionally go to the manufacturers site they have diagnostic and formatting utilities.

Are xbox drives modded in someway?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts