FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys -- Love the forum, hate the color scheme. The light-gray on darker-gray text is almost impossible to read unless the lighting is just about perfect. For the sake of those of us who are visually challenged (like "over 40") would you consider taking the text boxes to dark-on-white? You can keep the cool gray-and-black for the non-text areas.

Please?

·
Registered
15,559 Posts
This comes up every once in a while - But honestly, I can count maybe 5 people in 2 years who have asked for this.

We experimented for a while about 15 months ago. WIth this background, any other color text did not look right. Blac stands out, but over several paragraphs, over several posts, it didn't work well either.

We also tried to get the text boxes on the message to change to a different color. No matter how many times we selected the changes in the software settings, nothing would cange. It seems we have to change to a completely different "skin." It won't let us make many minor changes in an existing one.

How now, I can't help you. However, there is a planned revamp of the site, and there are some plans which I won't disclose right now. But, I can't say for sure when it will be. Time and some other factors and not determinable at the moment.

So, eventually, I think we can fix ya up to where everyone will be happy. But for now....

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
This may sound silly but maybe its a monitor or video card adjutment. The color levels not set correctly or something. just a thought

1 - 3 of 3 Posts